Odometer wrong??

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philly_ev

Okay - I thought I might be crazy - I looked at my odometer and it shows 451 miles right now. When I bought the car, it had 44 miles on it. I leased the car on June 28th - I drove it about 18 miles home that day. The odometer was at around 62 miles. Ever since then (from June 29th forward), I've been driving it and my trips (and associated miles) have been recorded on the myfordmobile website under the 'Trip and Charge Log'. When I add up all of the miles in there, I come to 344. If I add the 62 + 344 = 406 miles. That's an additional 45 miles that are unaccounted for (it's about 10% off). Maybe I'm missing something here, or maybe the website isn't logging all of my trips. But has anyone else noticed something like this? For the time being I'm going to track it to make sure it's right.

I have the same issue and thought I was crazy.
I've had my car just over a month and have about 2, 800 already.
When I took my car in for service for the update, I told them that's there's no way I've put that many miles on the car. They said they would look at it but when I picked my car up they had forgotten to look into it.

The odometer in your car is correct. But, most of the information displayed by the MFM apps and website are notoriously inaccurate.

In my case, on the My Driving page, under Vehicle Info, the correct odometer reading is shown (7388 miles, which matches that displayed by my car). But, on the the My Driving page, Miles Driven is 8092, which is just totally wrong.

I'm going to monitor it over the next week just to be sure. If it is infact wrong, I want to find out sooner than later. I just don't think the 451 in the car is correct - it might be, but I'm going to track it on paper.

Sure, no harm in tracking it for yourself, but many people have already noticed the discrepancies. The car is correct. The website is wrong.

In general, the numbers reported by the Trip & Charge log simply cannot be trusted. The trip mileages seem to be rounded up. So, over time, the error builds up (which may be what you're seeing; edit: see my follow-up message below as well). So far, your error is pretty small. For me, after 7000+ miles, the error is now very large.

Also, the reported charge times are wildly too short or too long, and often log entries are missing or incomplete (missing bits of information, like the charge location or average Wh/mile for a trip).

Hopefully someday Ford will make the website work better, but until then it's just "nice to look at" information... but it is all sort of "toy" data that you can't rely on.

Also, depending on how you've set your MFM account up, keep in mind the the Miles Driven displayed by the website may be per key fob (and the associated driver profile) and so might never exactly match your odometer anyway. For example, if you have ever driven the car using the second key fob, under another profile, those miles could be logged on the My Driving page for that profile.

On top of that, the rounding error I mentioned earlier inflates the Miles Driven (for all profiles) as you go.

i had the same
and i solved it in a garage and the man use a tool digimater 3 to help me solve it
and i search in the internet and find it:
http://www.chinasinoy.com/wholesale/digimaster-3-digimaster-iii-original-odometer-correction-master-with-980-tokens-2253.html

Back