Obama to visit Wayne Assembly

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve0512 said:
I still have never sat in one.
If you've sat in a 2012 or newer Focus then you've sat in an FFE all the interiors are the same.

On the inside there is very little difference between and ICE Focus and the FFE: The dash is about it (the FFE uses the same dash as the Edge, Explorer, Taurus with the two LCD panels on either side of the speedometer).

Heck you can even take an ICE Focus out for a spin to see how the FFE drives (aside from the shifting and engine noise the FFE behaves very similar to the ICE Focus).

That is exactly what we did. Our salesgal was smart and brought out a Ruby Red ICE Focus so we knew exactly what the fit and finish would be like. I knew I was ordering the car even before we went to the dealer. Sitting in the ICE Focus was more of a dog and pony show for my wife who is kindly going along with this whole crazy electric car idea I have. I presently drive a Pontiac Vibe. The size of the Focus is within 1.75 inches on all three dimensions of the Vibe. It's not going to be much of a change for me. Except of course for the added torque.

The leather seats are slightly different. The FFE leather is softer with holes in it - I like it a lot better than the ICE leather. Supposedly the FFE leather is more environmentally friendly - not sure what that means, maybe organic dyes instead of aniline or other chemicals (or maybe Ford uses PU leather in their less expensive cars...).

EVA said:
...(or maybe Ford uses PU leather in their less expensive cars...).
PU leather is simply polyurethane. Ford can't call fake stuff leather, or Ford would have even more lawsuits to worry about. (But note that all automakers provide "leather seating surfaces." So your leather seat is most likely vinyl on the seat sides and possibly headrests. It's really hard to tell where the leather stops and the vinyl starts.)

unplugged said:
jmueller065 said:
(for those of you that may hate Obama it may not be worth it to watch LOL).
I would submit that there are very few Obama haters on this board. Maybe the Tesla board.

I can't stand Obama, and the FFE is my favorite car I've ever owned. I also have a solar PV system, own a bunch of guns and vote libertarian. And I'm pro gay marriage and anti tax. So there!

Back