new sync update. Total FAIL!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big D

I brought my ffe in for the headlight recall, and they wanted to do a sync update to a system that was working perfectly. They replaced the headlights no problem updated the sync but failed to check its operation. The navigation sd card does not get recognized and the reverse camera does not work. syosset Ford has no idea what the problem and has a call into Detroit for ideas. The dealer service dept never called with a follow up as to what to do. I called the dealer and they said they had to reprogram the whole system. I dropped it off another day for the whole system reinstall and it still does not work. syosset ford service said to schedule to drop it off a third time with not even an offer for a loaner car for the inconvience, it was not until a follow up call to our original salesman that a loaner car became available. The service mgr has no incentive to get the car fixed if it's not costing him a rental car, I hope ford figures it out.

The sync system is cool in theory but is not easy to operate. it needs a Siri or the ability to upload destinations from smart phone to the built in GPS system like Garmin has, it works great with google search then transfers automatically.

Other than this problem the car works perfect, electric bill has not been affected and never got stuck, got the car down to 5 miles remaining but made it home. Stop being a wuss and buy one, you probably don't drive as much as you think you do.

The first few days after we took delivery our system was SUPER buggy. A simple shut down and reset of the the Sync system cleared it of its bugginess. Still very busy and not super intuitive, but functional. See if it helps, or make them give you a new one for breaking yours.

I went to Syosset ford to get my update when it was first released. I waited for two hours and they told me they could not do it. So, i think im going to wait until they get all of the bugs worked out to get down there and give it a try again.

Big D said:
The sync system is cool in theory but is not easy to operate. it needs a Siri or the ability to upload destinations from smart phone to the built in GPS system like Garmin has, it works great with google search then transfers automatically.

You know you can upload destinations from the smart phone app and from the my ford mobile website--I use both features all the time.

You need to activate Sync Services on syncmyride first. Once sync services is activated with your cell phone # you do the following:
- Use the smartphone app, go to my ford mobile on the web, or just go to http://www.mapquest.com
- Search for your point you wish to go to
- on the smartphone app or my ford mobile select send to car, on http://www.mapquest.com at the top right select "send" then click on "car", select "sync" and enter in your cell phone #
- Once in the car hit the sync button and say "services"
- The car will use your phone and dial a Ford 800 # one of the first things it will say is "XYZ has sent you an address do you wish to download?" answer "yes" wait a few seconds

It may look like it is a lot of steps to do the above but it really isn't and ends up being much faster than attempting to voice an address in, or even type it in on the screen.

You can find more detail on how to do this on my blog here: http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/10/06/where-ever-you-go-there-you-are/

On the whole I find sync quite easy to navigate around in using voice alone.

You can find more detail on how to do this on my blog here: http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/10/06/where-ever-you-go-there-you-are/

I found your blog interesting and helpful. Particularly the bit about the trip information options. Thanks for posting.

jmueller065 said:
You know you can upload destinations from the smart phone app and from the my ford mobile website--I use both features all the time.
I enjoyed your blog also.

As we now know, the MFM site will, after Saturday, no longer permit syncing a destination to your FFE. However, you can use MapQuest to do the same thing. Just type in your address in the search area of MapQuest, select "Send" from the pull-down menu and then select "Car". You will need to select "Sync" from the bullets, and you have to put in your mobile number. Unfortunately, Google Maps no longer offers Sync in its send to car menu.

You can also add send to car on your Google Maps Android or iPhone. There is a nice little app that adds the function. The app is called, appropriately, "Send to Car". Look it up on Google Play or Apple appstore.

I started using MFM on my iPhone and the mapquest website to send destinations to sync after I read how to do it here. It was working consistently. I haven't been able to receive destinations since the change in MFM this past weekend. Today I even tried calling the sync operator and asked her to send me the destination. She did, but again the car wasn't able to receive it... Just kept disconnecting. I'm tempted to think it might be related to the MFM screwup... Is anyone else having trouble receiving destinations from sync?

Back