Nav System

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

(LOL Now that I have one I'm asking more questions)

If you zoom out far enough on the Map display on the My Ford Touch screen it draws two circles (at least on 3.5.1) an inner yellow one and an outer red one. I suspect that the yellow one is the "safely return home" range (e.g. how far you can go out from your current location and still have enough charge to return), and the red one is the max one-way range. Is this everyone else's understanding (I found no documentation for this in the owner's manual).

Wow, ask and you shall receive: Ford uploaded a YouTube video describing the rings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9rjO_Adrcc&list=PLz2NZyBglqGg2V4bQwwiBmXFyuK1RycwC

Note: I've been collecting all of the Ford Owner Focus Electric YouTube videos into a playlist. You can watch them all in order (about 41 minutes worth) here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz2NZyBglqGg2V4bQwwiBmXFyuK1RycwC

Awesome! Thanks for these links. I hadn't noticed these new videos were up.

Looks like there are some nifty improvements coming to 3.1 users, along the lines of some of the things I've seen people asking for in these forums.

Let's just hope lots of bugs are fixed too. :D

Who's got 3.5 out there (who had experienced 3.1 too)? Is it lots less buggy?

Has anyone with 3.1 checked sync my ride lately to see if 3.5 is available? and/or called their dealer--it may be worth the call to the dealer (not sure if the jump to 3.5 is a dealer only flash).

How do you check which version you have? I pretty sure I don't have 3.5 but I haven't had a single problem either.

www.syncmyride.com has a version checker tool. It downloads some software to a USB thumbdrive--you just follow the instructions on the website there.

I think an easy way to tell is that: When you're on the home screen how many buttons/icons do you have at the bottom of the screen? (3 or 4--if its 4 with the leaves on the bottom where you can setup your go times then you have 3.5).

Back