MyKey 80mph limit

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crusade

When I first leased my 2017 FFE, the dealer could only find one key. They ordered a second key and programmed it today. When I got the car back, I now get a MyKey warning limit of 80mph when I start the car with either key.

When I go to the Information screen on the car, it says there is one admin key and 0 MyKeys configured.

None of my two keys allow me to see a MyKey menu under the settings menu.

Any thoughts on what I can do?

crusade said:
When I first leased my 2017 FFE, the dealer could only find one key. They ordered a second key and programmed it today. When I got the car back, I now get a MyKey warning limit of 80mph when I start the car with either key.

When I go to the Information screen on the car, it says there is one admin key and 0 MyKeys configured.

None of my two keys allow me to see a MyKey menu under the settings menu.

Any thoughts on what I can do?

This happens on my car every few weeks or so.....I shut down, re-start, and the warning goes away. I've just learned to live with it happening. But, I'm sure I'd feel differently if it happened on every startup. The actual limit is less annoying than the chime you get when you hit 75, which I do on a regular basis (have to here in SoCal, or you will get run over).

It took this particular dealer 2 days to figure out how to configure a 2nd key, so I'm not confident they can fix this issue now. Alas, seems like my only hope?

My dealer doesn't even do 2nd keys. They called in a locksmith and he did mine.

Back for another go-around at the dealership. They finally see the isue - no MyKey menu to be found and yet MyKey restrictions aren't allowing 80+mph or 14+ volume. The service manager said MyKey has been a PITA for them, yet this was the first he'd seen of this issue. I'll just keep posting status in case others have this same issue.

From the work order:

BCM Replacement per hotline - took 12 tries to load up calibration and program 2 keys. MyKey cleared, no extra issues found.

Parts Replaced:

GV6Z-14A068-H (Panel A 159261) - Relay and Fuse Plt

Back