MyFordMobile.com Unable to contact vehicle

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcsharp

I have not been able to make contact with our FFE for 4 days via MyFordMobile.com. Prior to that it was working well. All I get is a message that says "Unable to contact vehicle." I've had that before when it was parked in a place with no cell service but that's not the case now. Anybody have any ideas what's wrong?

Did you try pulling and replacing the fuse for the "telematics" module? Whenever I've had a problem like this rebooting the module seemed to fix it.

jmueller065 said:
Did you try pulling and replacing the fuse for the "telematics" module? Whenever I've had a problem like this rebooting the module seemed to fix it.
I haven't tried that but I will later. I was wondering if access was somehow disabled in the car because I chose the wrong menu selection by accident but I don't remember changing anything and it worked for a couple weeks before it stopped.

You will need to delete the car from MFM. Then 'Factory reset' the car from Settings. Start over. I had this problem because my car sat on the lot unused. I had done this reset/re-add 4 times. 1st time worked but was flakey. 2 and 3 didn't send the second confirmation to the car. 4th seems to have done the trick.

Also let me know if your Telematics fuse box doesn't remotely line up with the cover in the trunk. BTW there is no fuse puller in that box, I had to use needle nose pliers. Try the telematics first then reset. MFM keeps all your data. HOWEVER be aware MFM and the app is changing on Sunday.

Back