MyFordmobile can't complete step 3, Any help please

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper7821

I registered the car and downloaded the app and I get battery updates when I plug the car in or when it's charged but i can't manually update or a lot of the other features don't work when going into those menus.

When I try to assess them my phone brings up a message saying Vehicle Conformation and step 3 is to use the screen in the car to confirm that I want to link it with MyFord Mobile but there's no message on the screen.
I watched the video and it said after you register and push start I'll get a message asking to allow or deny. I don't remember ever getting that message unless the salesman got it.
I know there's a 24hr wait period and then the final conformation but I don't think I even made it that far.

Any suggestions would be great. Maybe I'm in that waiting period and by tomorrow when I hit start I'll get a onscreen message but I don't think so since the phone is telling me to complete step 3 and hit allow on the screen after starting the car.

On the plug button that shows charging stations it says access restricted, you do not have permission to use this feature. Contact your administrator for more info.
When I hit the Trip planner tab it also says the same thing.

jmueller065 said:
Did you get the first prompt?

If you did have you tried deleting the vehicle and re-adding it to your account?

I don't remember getting a prompt but maybe the dealer did it because he had me sign up at the dealer.
I'll delete it and redo it.

Back