myfordmobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvjr

My wife and I both installed the myfordmobile app on our smart phones for her car, she installed it first. Mine will not show charge level or most other features. Do I need to delete and reinstall or can only one phone get all the information?

I have a work phone and a personal phone and I installed the app on both...one an iphone and the other an android. I have used both within minutes of eachother without a problem. Right now, trying to access the app on both phones, there seems to be something wrong with myford mobile and I get the following "Service or Network Error. An error has occurred. Please retry your request. If the error persists, please contact Ford Motor Company's In=-Vehicle Technology Center at 1-800-392-FORD (3673).

So now I just logged into the website. Everything ok. I force stopped the app on my android phone, and now it is working. The iphone app is still not working....doesn't give an error and doesn't log in after displaying the message above. I don't know how to force close an iphone app.

Anyway, I suppose I would suggest not to try and access at the exact same time.

The Ford network for this app is flaky. The app will go weeks working perfectly, and then it will mess up every few hours. It has been worse after the merge with the plug in hybrid group.

I have two apple devices and can see my car with both devices at the same time, when the Ford network is working. Just be sure you are logged into the exact same account.

I have the iOS app installed on both my iPhone and iPad. I can use all three (iPhone, iPad, and web page) pretty much simultaneously without an issue.

To force kill an app on iOS do the following:
iOS 7: Double tap the home button, slide left/right to find your app, drag the "small" window up off the screen
Prior to iOS 7: Double tap the home button, slide the bottom left/right to find your app's icon, press and hold the icon until you see a little X appear, hit the little X.

Just recently got the MyFord Mobile app/site set up with my car. Seemed to work well at first, but now it's been almost a full day since it's been able to pull an update from my car. I see "Update failed. Try again later" in the browser when I click the Update button. Similar from the phone app.

The car was in my garage last night, then on the road and now in an open parking lot at work today -- cell service should be fine in all of those places.

Anyone else seeing issues like this?

Working here just fine. You may want to pull the telematics fuse (I believe that is fuse F1 in the fusebox in the trunk, after that you may want to reboot sync--another fuse behind the glovebox).

rabar10 said:
Just recently got the MyFord Mobile app/site set up with my car. Seemed to work well at first, but now it's been almost a full day since it's been able to pull an update from my car. I see "Update failed. Try again later" in the browser when I click the Update button. Similar from the phone app.

The car was in my garage last night, then on the road and now in an open parking lot at work today -- cell service should be fine in all of those places.

Anyone else seeing issues like this?
Yup... several weeks ago, immediately after the big app/site update in October, the MFM app on my iPhone (or the website) could not connect to my car "most of the time". I continuously received the "Update failed" message. Occasionally, there might be an hour or so where things would suddenly work great, but then it would be out of contact for hours again, sometimes whole days.

Like you, all the locations where I routinely park my car should have excellent cell coverage. Not to mention that the app/site was much more reliable up and until just before the October update, without any difference in my parking habits.

Recently, however, the app/site seems to be able to make contact most of the time although occasionally I do still have trouble. I'd say it's been working "okay-ish" for a couple weeks now (but still not as good as before the October update).

I was in contact with a Ford tech (via PM in these forums) who first suggested that my 12V battery was to blame. But, since things have started to work better with nothing about my car changing, I assume the real problem is on the server end of things. He also suggested that I have all the software updates applied to my car, which I've been procrastinating about doing (partially out of laziness, partially waiting to see how it goes for other folks, and partially fear that my dealer will screw things up). It seems the tech is not interested in hearing much more from me until I bring the car "up to date".

Btw, two other issues also started happening for me immediately after the October app/site update:
  • The car status on the app/site now always shows a red icon next to "Battery System Health". But, I think this status is bogus. Other people reported seeing the same after the update.
  • Almost every time I park and turned off my car, after about 30 seconds, I receive a text notification about a "warning light on", but there is no warning light on in the car. I also think this is bogus.

Do you happen to see either of these issues too? (You to have the warning light notification turned on in your MFM preferences to get the notifications.)

Yeah, WattsUp I think its about time you get your car current! LOL

I also was a bit leery of getting the SSN recall done on my car--so I let my coworker be the guinea pig for that one LOL. Eventually I did get it done--took the dealer the whole day to do it (They told me 4 modules needed to be reprogrammed and each took 45 minutes to do. Idiots didn't even plug the car in while doing it!).
Afterwards I have to say that there is more in that software update than the SSN fix. The ABS and traction control work MUCH better (especially in the snow). Although due to that I think the amount the car regen's is slightly less.

WattsUp said:
Do you happen to see either of these issues too? (You to have the warning light notification turned on in your MFM preferences to get the notifications.)
No - in fact I didn't know about the text notifications till you mentioned them just now, so those weren't on.

I'll try the fuse thing this weekend.

F1 fuse pulled and reinserted did the trick -- before, the car hadn't updated in several days and manual attempts would show "update failed", after putting the fuse back in, the car had already updated by the time I pulled up the app to check it.

Thanks for the advice, hoping this isn't a frequent thing though...

Back