My Ford Mobile not working / Ford customer service SUCKS!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hxbruno

hello all. hoping someone can help me. The myford mobile website is unable to add my car back on my account so I am unable to start my car or set go times or do anything through the site anymore. The prompt that is suppose to pop up in my car isn't popping up. My car is completely up to date. New powertrain safety recall and the sync update is installed. Ford customer service told me this would fix the connection to the my ford mobile website, but it hasn't. Those people are like a middle man and I have been waiting to hear back from an engineer for over a month now and have yet to talk to one to help me. The people you talk to know absolutly NOTHING and its sooooo aggravating. It is getting very cold and snowy where I live and I would like to start my car and set go times and you know... check to see how much charge I have left! which is important with an all electric car and what I paid all this money for! People at Ford don't know anything when you call. Its so annoying.

Thanks for listening to me vent. Has anyone ever tried taking the #1 fuse out and would this even help? Sounds so horrible! a 40,000 dollar product and you have to go and screw with fuses to get it to work! Microsoft SUCKS and so does FORD.

Did you have the MyFord mobile app setup before the updates? The reason I ask is the update shouldn't have affected the App at all. There is a new version of the App available and the old one does not work anymore. Have you uploaded the new App?

I'm the Sales Manager at a Ford store and drive a FFE myself so hopefully I can help. Although I'll admit sometimes I get stuck as well. :(

John

I have the new app. But the app isn't the problem. The my ford mobile website won't let me add my car back to the account. I was told to remove it from my account and re add the car by putting in the VIN number. Then you have to wait for a prompt in your car that you accept and 24 hours late accept again. I am not getting the prompt and unable to use any features in my ford mobile.

I know what you are talking about. I think you can find more useful information here. The problem with customer support is that they are set up to tell customers about what is in the manual. They really don't know much about trouble shooting than what is in their flip chart. And when they get to the end without a solution, they tell you to reset the car. In fact, after the myfordmobile update, I can no longer update my "home" value charging. I've got two "home" profiles. For pure entertainment purposes, I called customer support. And, as I suspect, I was told to reset.

However, I did not reset because it is currently charging at the correct time at "home" and I didn't want to end up with something not working.

Anyway, way back when, when my car stopped syncing with MyFordMobile, I did the F1 fuse thing. It didn't work. I had to go into the car's "settings" and do the reset. It clears everything except your odometer. The radio presets, bluetooth phone, address book, etc will have to be re-entered. After that, I think the myfordmobile automatically disconnected from the car. If not, clear that too.

When I did this, I went back to myfordmobile and entered in my car. The difference this time vs the first time I did this is that I did not see the "confirmation" message. The system seems to know that your account had the car and you are simply doing a reset. So after that, everything is ok.

I think there is someone else on this board who still can't get one of their two FFEs registered....it says it is registered to someone else. Also, others are having problems with value charge and may be related to your issue. But at the some time, others are perfectly happy. So here's an idea if you haven't tried it yet: If you don't mind losing your historical data, try setting up a new myfordmobile account. I would think that the car, after a reset, would be completely brain washed waiting for a new connection. If anything is gumming up the works, it has got to be the myfordmobile site. I think the transition of the site earlier this month wasn't a perfect transition and some of the database is likely messed up...which is likely why I have two "home" profiles and I cannot modify or delete either one. So if Ford isn't helping you, then at last resort, try opening a new myfordmobile account. Just an idea. I have no precedent to do so other than it seems like it would be a fresh start.

That's what I had to do. I did the factory reset on the touch screen and it cleared everything. I was then able to add on myfordmobile and I got both conformations in the car and now everything works as it should. I would try that. Also delete and reinstall the app on your phone just to make double sure you have the most updated version.

Thanks for all the advice! I will try the factory reset. Should I sign in with a different email and username and create a whole new account? or will the factory reset work with the one I have?

does anyone know if doing a master reset to the car will clear all your data that was linked to the myfordmobile website account?

Thanks for all the help

I can't get mine to sync. I contacted customer service, said they are working on it.
It give me charging status, etc. fine...but I now have two bogus locations that I can't delete. And I can't sync anything, whether from Iphone or from a computer. It worked fine before the update a few weeks back, so it's not broken hardware.

I tried the F1, no joy.

I tried a factory reset...things got better but still unable to sync.

I tried to delete the car and then re-enter it, no joy.

Still looking for a positive fix. I can live with what I have (ability to monitor status) but I sure would like to get back to where I was before the update (ability to set schedules, alerts, etc)

Laskeet said:
does anyone know if doing a master reset to the car will clear all your data that was linked to the myfordmobile website account?

Thanks for all the help

I think it does not. I did that and all my data was still there. Also, didn't need to wait 24 hours, it was up and running. But as I noted, it didn't fix the inability to sync with the car.

Of course, no guarantees YOUR data won't get wiped out...

Laskeet said:
Thanks for all the advice! I will try the factory reset. Should I sign in with a different email and username and create a whole new account? or will the factory reset work with the one I have?

I would start by removing my car from myfordmobile. Then, do the master reset in the car. Go back to myfordmobile and add your car. If everything works, you are done and you likely did not lose your data.

If that doesn't work, try removing your car from myfordmobile. Do a master reset in the car. Make a new account on MyFordMobile. Add your car.

The thought on the second solution is to start fresh. I beleive there is some database corruption from the site merge. However, if you make a new account, you will lose your historical data...it would be as if you sold your car and someone else set up an account to add the car. I haven't heard of anyone trying it, but the results could be interesting.

Hi there. Please know that you cannot solve this problem on your own. I reported this in July the week that I picked the car up. No master reset or programming will change anything. Not even communicating with Ford. My advice is to call the service number and formally report this. Get a case number then email them once a week. Be prepared to get frustrated because when a follow up call comes the poor rep has no idea what they are calling about and asks questions that you have already answered or do not pertain to the problem. Once you get a case number email Ford every week for a status. Finally for me after 4 months engineering might be on to a solution. I was told others are having this problem and it is being researched. I will post a photo of the error once I have a chance.

Funny you mention the customer service phone calls Susan. I've found myself in an infinite loop with them about the myfordmobile website.

Forget how this started other than a complaint about the website. About three weeks later, in the early evening I got a phone call asking me if the problem was still there? Honestly, he asked that way, not that it was about anything with Ford or the website or my complaint; just is the problem still there? The first time I gave him a long answer. He mumbled something and said he would report it to the engineering team. OK.

About a week later another phone call. Is the problem fixed yet, the guy asked? No, it is still broken. OK, I'll let the engineers know.

This has repeated about 4 times now. I now laugh when the guy calls.

Yeah they have call center minions call customers to ask them technical questions. You know the engineers are too busy and expensive to ever talk directly to a customer. Aw, they might get to the root cause of the problem quicker and fix the thing - that would be just wrong.

I think the endless loop thing must be pretty common with Ford on the software side. I had a similar experience when my car would no longer communicate with MyFordMobile. The randomly spaced calls and emails from different people within Ford continued for over 3 months until I got an email from Beth Profitt who I've seen quoted in some articles on MyFordMobile. Her email continued the confusion for a while (she had a part mailed to my local Ford dealer and they had no idea who it was who sent it or who it was for for over a month after receiving). Finally someone at my dealer tracked down the history on the part and contacted me - I had attempted to get the dealer and MyFordMobile team to talk but they were not interested. It all finally got resolved at the dealer level, but it was an eye opening experience into the lack of internal communication and poor ability to troubleshoot problems with cars with more advanced software at Ford.

Original hxbruno poster here under my wifes account. I cant remember my password here at home for the other one.

Anyway... I have tried doing the master reset today with no success. When I go to add a vehicle to my ford mobil account... the car still doesn't bring up the confirmation screen.

Guess I will have to wait for the ford people to call me back. SOOOO FRUSTURATING! I know whats going to happen. The customer service people will keep calling me asking me if I am still having issues and I will say yes and they will keep telling me their "engineers are working on it." I have too been experiencing this for the past 2 months. Like I said in the beginning.... Ford customer service SUCKS and cant fix anything.

I really really love this car and wanted to take a shot with Ford. But the software and customer service makes me wish I bought a leaf. :-(

I finally have been contacted by a ford engineer! So excited that things are finally starting to happen to get my car working again. I was told by the engineer to pull the #1 fuse again and replace it. Then he somehow pushed the confirmation screen from "the cloud" to show up in my car and I got the screen! I am now waiting to get the second screen to confirm so I can use all the other features.

My Sync touch screen in the entertainment section is still not working properly. My radio presets get stuck and there is a huge lag, so I am stuck listening one station for a long time unable to change to something else. Ford called me several times today and is going to communicate with my Ford dealership so they can resolve the issue together. I have an appointment on Monday.

So things are starting to happen. after two months of feeling like no one was helping me, now they are after many emails and complaints. so I am happy. I will post back to give updates on what I had to do to resolve my issues. fingers crossed they get resolved!

Thanks for all the advise everyone.

I wish you more luck than i have had! I have been speaking to people for months and am getting nowhere? On Friday I received yet another courtesy call letting me know my problem is still being worked on. The person who called is polite but honestly I want results. Why is 5 months acceptable for such a small problem?

update on my car - it is now at the ford dealership and they checked out my radio problem.
A new cpu unit for the radio/entertainment system needs to be installed in my car, waiting for the part... ugh... so I am stuck with a loaner yet again for i don't know how long. Also, myfordmobile has been disconnected after everything just started working again so that is frustrating. I made it clear to the dealership that everything needs to be working when I pick up my car whenever it is finished because I am not going through all that customer service back and forth crap again. UGH

I am compelled to update the post from months ago. I regretfully bought 2 cars last summer and cannot register the ice storm one. The car continues to respond with a message stating the car is registered to another user. I have emails and phone calls and here we are in February and still no resolution. If I do not continually email for a status I honestly feel my issue would be ignored. Again after many emails on my part over the past 2 weeks I heard from Ford. I was informed there was a reset of some sort which actually I asked for day 1. Go to the master file and remove the other user from the car VIN please! Well now the message I am receiving states the car is being authorized by someone else. So to conclude the problem still exists but in a new state. This is so unacceptable. I am counting the days until I can give the cars back. I regret my 3 yr leases.

Back