My Ford Mobile for Apple Watch?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjanisch

Has anyone heard if Ford is bringing their My Ford Mobile app to the Apple Watch? I saw that BMW and VW have Apple Watch apps for their respective EVs to lock doors, controls the climate, etc. and I was hoping Ford would do the same with the FFE or Energi cars.

Check out http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/30/ford-exec-apple-carplay-thoughts/. Ported in a week. Having a 2014 Focus EV and a 2013 Fusion Energi, as well as an AppleWatch, I'm anxious to see this released.

jmueller065 said:
Interesting. Ford's Sync 3 system is already out...just pick up a new Mustang.

I looked around but couldn't find any information if current Sync 2 vehicles will be able to upgrade to Sync 3. Have you seen anything about that anywhere? Whats your impression of Sync 3 so far?

It is very unlikely that any Sync 2/MFT vehicles will be able to be upgraded to Sync 3. You can give it a go yourself but I think you'd find the cost of the Sync 3 modules at the dealership prohibitively expensive.

Sync 3 is much nicer than MFT. The biggest improvement is speed. Its really what MFT should have been to begin with.

jmueller065 said:
It is very unlikely that any Sync 2/MFT vehicles will be able to be upgraded to Sync 3. You can give it a go yourself but I think you'd find the cost of the Sync 3 modules at the dealership prohibitively expensive.

Sync 3 is much nicer than MFT. The biggest improvement is speed. Its really what MFT should have been to begin with.

I figured it was probably a stretch for an upgrade, I saw a guy updated his SHO with one but I think he might work for Ford. From what I've heard about it, sounds like they've caught up with some of the other UI's out there.

Back