Motor Trend "Road Test" LEAF vs. Focus EV

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjfotos

Here is a comparison 'road test' between the Ford Focus EV and the LEAF. It is hard to provide a comparison between a car that is physically available to test and one that is not, but hey, they sure tried!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/1101_2013_ford_focus_electric_2011_nissan_leaf_vs_comparison/index.html

Very cool - I like it when people write articles and do all the research work for me!

Some interesting stuff I learned:

Weight the Focus EV will weigh about 300 pounds more than the Leaf, partially because of the liquid cooling system and partly because its built on an existing Focus platform rather than rebuilt from the ground up

Charging Time Not sure how I missed this before, but I see that the Ford Focus Electric will fully charge from 120v in about 4 hours rather than the 8 it takes the Nissan Leaf

Just like the article, I'm very interested to know the range numbers on the Focus - with extra weight and a more powerful motor it might not quite beat the Leaf...

california said:
Charging Time Not sure how I missed this before, but I see that the Ford Focus Electric will fully charge from 120v in about 4 hours rather than the 8 it takes the Nissan Leaf
Not from 120V. That is from 240V.

Back