Missing "EV/Leaf" button in MFT

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to dealer to have Sync 3.6.2 update installed. I waited to combine visit with my 32,000 km (20,000 mile) warranty check.

I passed along the "Give this to your dealer sheet" that spells out what update is to be installed. Ford.com site shows NO SYNC SOFTWARE UPDATES. After some back and forth they said they would try and install. In the end they simply re-installed V3.1.3 the car had installed originally (march 2012) :( .

I am to the point i would install the update myself but it is not available. SYNC site says Dealer installed.

On the plus side there were no other issues apart from a weak spring in the charge door. Charge door was not designed for this winter's sand, salt and -15 F (-25 C) temperatures.

Rosebank said:
Finally got to dealer to have Sync 3.6.2 update installed. [...]
Ford.com site shows NO SYNC SOFTWARE UPDATES. [...] In the end they simply re-installed V3.1.3 the car had installed originally (march 2012) :( .

On the plus side there were no other issues apart from a weak spring in the charge door. Charge door was not designed for this winter's sand, salt and -15 F (-25 C) temperatures.
Sorry to read of your trouble with dealer.
Sync: that site show 3.6.2 is available for ours (3.1.3 originally installed 6/2012),
BUT the description of changes did not thrill me enough to make the effort.
(Best parts I read:
"Simplified graphics and improved usability
Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)" .)
Glad to read that your car works OK in really cold climate.

I finally got some time this evening and call In Vehicle Technical Support. They call dealers response ridiculous; confirmed my VIN, mailing address and said they would drop a pre-loaded USB in the mail. Delivery is expected to be 3 weeks; I'll post an update once I finally get it installed.

I am not sure if or when, dealers are going to realize like other brick and mortar stores they are on their way out. A centralized technical support model has a lot to offer over a dealer network for software and electronics.

Back