messages.W_MSG_LOCKOK

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Recently, my FFE has starting sending me a notification (inside the MyFordMobile app, or shown on the website) that says nothing other than "messages.W_MSG_LOCKOK" whenever I use the remote door lock function.

Anybody else noticed this?

Curiously, delivery preferences for this notification cannot be set, unlike the others (like "Charge Complete" or "Low tire pressure"). It is not shown in the list of notifications.

I saw something similar to that on my C-Max recently. The activity log had a messages.... in it that I found odd (like the car sent a message that the server couldn't interpret so it just passed it through). It wasn't LOCKOK, however, it was something related to remote start.

WattsUp said:
Recently, my FFE has starting sending me a notification (inside the MyFordMobile app, or shown on the website) that says nothing other than "messages.W_MSG_LOCKOK" whenever I use the remote door lock function.

Anybody else noticed this?

Curiously, delivery preferences for this notification cannot be set, unlike the others (like "Charge Complete" or "Low tire pressure"). It is not shown in the list of notifications.

I've seen it when I use the app.
As a developer myself, I think that the messages are the messages Ford designated to do those commands, however they didn't bother to display the message as a regular text.
I'm going to give you an example.

When I was coding an app I've been working on, if the user chose a username taken, if I displayed the error message on a notification, it would be something like "error=356.usernameID=taken0x012334Invalidregistration" or something like that. However I can easily changed the way that error is displayed by saying:
if(errorMessage == "error=356.usernameID=taken0x012334Invalidregistration") { print("Sorry. Username already taken! Try again.")

which just made me believe that Ford didn't bother to replace the "code" notification for the message.

I hope this helped!

Back