Memorial Day Pricing

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnnn

I was hoping for some deal evaluation opinions from the community here.

I was able to get a local dealer in the greater SoCal area down to $38k flat pre-rebate (they are claiming this is $36k, but as we all know, the TT&L is charged on the $38k). So far this negotiation has been entirely over the phone so it is entirely possible they don't honor the negotiated terms when I arrive to finalize.

This is for a car with MSRP $40,990 so it has leather as the only option (no metallic paint costing more). I am of course planning on taking advantage of the 0% financing for as long as possible too.

Does anyone think this pricing will go substantially lower (say $34k-$35k?) as we approach October and the 2014's begin arriving?

I purchased mine under 36K plus taxes (about 37 when it was all said and done)!

Negotiation is the key...I'm sure I could have gotten it cheaper but I wanted the car as a X-mas gift for me :)

(p.s. I purchased in SO CAL as well)

Off the subject a little but have you considered the lease. $206 a month after tax and zero down. After 3 years of payments that's $7461 minus your $2500 rebate $4916. After 3 years I can buy it for around $18000. Gotta confirm that # but that's the number that comes to mind. So that would put me at $23000 and gives me the time to see if I want the car. Worse case I'm out $5000 but had a car for 3 years. I think the cars are only going to get better and better and hopefully cost less.

Leo said:
Off the subject a little but have you considered the lease. $206 a month after tax and zero down. After 3 years of payments that's $7461 minus your $2500 rebate $4916. After 3 years I can buy it for around $18000. Gotta confirm that # but that's the number that comes to mind. So that would put me at $23000 and gives me the time to see if I want the car. Worse case I'm out $5000 but had a car for 3 years. I think the cars are only going to get better and better and hopefully cost less.

Thanks Leo,

I am considering a lease but have not spoken to the dealer about that yet. I have built myself a little spreadsheet and installed it on my android phone so that I can evaluate lease options they throw at me in realtime. Incidentally, I ran your provided numbers through it and assumed a PV for the car of 29k and came up with a -5% implicit interest rate. I'm guessing that you picked up one of the last 2012's on the lot? I think more likely, the residual is ~$22k to give them a breakeven rate? That's a great deal. How many miles allowance and what dealership if I may ask?

ashuri said:
I purchased mine under 36K plus taxes (about 37 when it was all said and done)!

Negotiation is the key...I'm sure I could have gotten it cheaper but I wanted the car as a X-mas gift for me :)

(p.s. I purchased in SO CAL as well)

Thanks ashuri,

I wonder if you'd be willing to disclose the dealership (PM me if you'd like to keep private and I will honor that request)? That's an even more fantastic deal (about $3k lower than what I have negotiated right now). Was that one of the last 2012's on the lot and did it have leather interior (which would at least account for ~$800 of the difference)?

I really appreciate all these comments - please keep them coming.

Back