Maybe Only FFE in Wilmington NC

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markminnc

I have been following electric vehicles for about ten years. The technology has steadily improved over that time. Motorcycles are now available that have ranges over 100 miles between charges, and cars with the same. And there are a few cars like the FFE that can manage a commute like my 43 mile round trip. There is not much available in my area and the closest major city, Raleigh, is not major enough to have a lot. I found dealers online in Raleigh with cars on the lot at Nissan, Mitsubushi, and Ford. In addition a used Fiskar and used Tesla were available. I made appointments to look at all five cars and made the trip and drove all five.

The three new cars were all half the price of the two used cars. The Tesla S was maybe the nicest of the lot. The Mits was in a different class as compared with the others. Ford and Nissan are maybe comparable. Looks, drive, comfort, and the deal did it for me and I leased the FFE. I was not expecting to buy but I came home after making arrangements to have the car shipped to my house the next day.

The car handles my commute using about half of its range. It seems to do everything well and I smile every time I get into it. I need to keep my ICE to carry my toys, a small sailboat and kayak but plan to drive the FFE for most everything else.

Mark

Congratulations and welcome to the club! I've had my FFE for 4 months now and I still smile everytime I get in it. My ICE vehicle that I've kept for long trips and 'just in case' sits in the garage and currently has a dead battery from lack of use.

Back