looking at building a battery extender. need some tech info

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeeboid

Hey all.

I am looking to prototype an extended battery system into the focus ev... an extra 8kw of battery or so would give an extra 25 miles of range. I need some info though to get started with a prototype.

-Battery Voltage at top of charge
-Battery voltage (normal)
-battery access point (electrical) usually the main battery distribution point, that can accept over 50 amps

I have:
-Location and operating instructions for high voltage disconnect.
-Battery Capacity: 23kwh

This is being worked on with me and a couple of engineers (including a friend who works for this electric only car company I can't name). So, I don't need a safety lecture.

I Tried to get this from a service manual bit have not been able to locate one.
Thanks!
Pete

I can give you measurements if you need more precise, but it's about 360 V fully charged, and I think it runs down to around 310 at the end point.

There are some manuals describing the OBD system here

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid=diag_theory_retail&gutsid=diagsheet&menuIndex1=10

Get the one for the OBD operation summary for the HEV, and look toward the end...there's some description of the battery system.

Also....do a google search for the 2014 Focus Electric Vehicle Modifier Guide. It's a Ford pub that may help you

Back