Little battery icon next to the % SOC on the Leaf settings?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Today, looking at the Leaf settings screen (where the % SOC is shown) right after completing a full charge, I noticed three things that seemed different than I remembered. (And it's not like I haven't looked at that screen recently; I have.)

1) First, the % SOC read-out had a little battery icon next to it (to the left) like you'd see on a cell phone. Has that always been there? I seem to remember the % SOC was just "plain text", with no icon next to it.

2) Sitting there with full charge, the % SOC read-out, showing 100%, was highlighted in blue (like a blue box around and behind it). The highlight went away as soon as the SOC dropped under 100%. Perhaps I have simply never looked at the Leaf settings with a full charge, but the highlight also seemed "new" to me.

3) Lastly, the layout of the Leaf settings screen seemed subtly different overall. I remember the % SOC being about halfway down the screen. On mine, it is currently more near the top, just to the right of two estimates of "time to full charge" (for 240V and 120V). Is that the layout everyone has?

I could just be imagining things, but looking at my Leaf settings screen today I got the distinct impression that it was "different" and I wondered if Ford had somehow implemented a "stealth update" of MFT over the cellular connection.

----------

EDIT: Here is how my Leaf settings screen appears (click to enlarge).

Looks the same as ours. I believe the blue box around 100% goes away once regen is available. If you see the blue box then there's no regen braking.

Back