Left LCD panel blank

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danholl

Scheduled for the 10,000 mile inspection in a couple of days. After 10,000 miles I thought I had escaped the many reported problems but yesterday my left side LCD panel that tells state of battery charge went blank. I haven't seen this reported and hope it is something simple like a loose connector.

At least after driving 10,000 miles I know that places I normally go is no risk of running out of battery but is a little disconcerting to look at the panel and see a black screen.

I'll post result of my visit to dealer

I have never heard of oneof the drivers display going blank. I do believe that the Fusion has a simalar type of driver display. You could check that forum to see if this a on going issue.

Fusion, Explorer, Edge, F-150, Flex all use the two panel displays when My Ford Touch is installed (oh yeah and MKX, MKT, etc.). Its all the exact same part (remember Mullaly's one Ford: common platforms, sharing parts to reduce costs).

Took car into dealer yesterday for 10,000 mile check up and to have them look at the blank LCD panel. They decided it was a problem in the instrument panel and have ordered a new one - should be here next week. We'll see.

danholl said:
Took car into dealer yesterday for 10,000 mile check up and to have them look at the blank LCD panel. They decided it was a problem in the instrument panel and have ordered a new one - should be here next week. We'll see.

Replacing the instrument panel did solve the problem. Had dealer do 3.5 update at the same time. The Sync module had to be replaced to get the update working - All Good Now.

Back