Leasing in GA (continuation from other thread)

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'd go with the cheaper payment. For that $1500 they aren't giving you anything, just giving you some of the cash back that you're paying in--not worth it.
$60/month * 36 months = $2160. They are charging you $2160 for $1500..run!

Yeah I kinda laughed when he told me that.

I did manage to get them to bring it to Athens for the quoted numbers so that's a plus.

One thing that makes say hmmmmm, is how can Athens Ford discount the car $1000 but only have a monthly payment of $8 less?

sorry for the crap photo, but this is my current dryer plug. what adapter would i need if i buy the CC lcs-25p?

You first look at a NEMA plug chart, such as this one:
http://www.stayonline.com/reference-nema-straight-blade.aspx

That looks like a 10-30 plug to me. (Look closely at the text on the plug it will probably have the plug type written right on it.)

Which would be this adapter:
http://evseupgrade.com/?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=17

maybe im missing something, but the CC 25p has a 4 prong connector, right? that adapter is a 3-3

10-30toL6-30.jpg

NEMA-14-30-with-outlet_v2.jpg

blackbeasst said:
maybe im missing something, but the CC 25p has a 4 prong connector, right? that adapter is a 3-3
As mentioned previously, you can order the LCS-25P with your choice of plug already attached. That image shows just one example of the "P" choices, which appears to be a NEMA 14-30 plug. Other options are available... scan though the other LCS-25 listings at the CC website. (Admittedly, CC doesn't make it easy to realize that the LCS-25P comes with different "P's", as they list each version as a separate product that you have to find individually.)

Personally, I would order the version with the NEMA L6-30 locking plug attached. The L6-30 makes a great common "interconnect" for adapter cables (since it twists and locks, and is also fairly compact). Then, you would have exactly what I did as a custom job with my LCS-25 (before the LCS-25P models were available ready-made), and can easily add additional adapters as you go.

To reduce confusion, you should also familiarize yourself with the various kinds of NEMA plugs and sockets:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEMA_connector

i guess i just can't foresee an instance where i would need to unplug it from my house and take it with me unless we finally get one here at work. and the work situation is still a 50/50 of it happening. so if it doesn't then it will stay at the house 99% of the time i think

blackbeasst said:
i guess i just can't foresee an instance where i would need to unplug it from my house and take it with me unless we finally get one here at work. and the work situation is still a 50/50 of it happening. so if it doesn't then it will stay at the house 99% of the time i think
So, you might, for example, never drive to someone else's house (who also has a 240V socket) and charge there?

(It would only cost them $1 or so to let you "fill up".)

Lol! As crazy as it sounds, no! Between work and 2 kids under the age of 5 my life is pretty consumed to local stuff during the week. Wifeys car on the weekend!

blackbeasst said:
Lol! As crazy as it sounds, no! Between work and 2 kids under the age of 5 my life is pretty consumed to local stuff during the week. Wifeys car on the weekend!
I see. :) Well, whatever the case, I still think a "potentially" portable solution is the best. If you in fact "never" go anywhere else to charge, well, just leave it plugged in! That will work as well as a hardwired installation. Later, if you decide to move, or simply upgrade your EVSE, it will be a simple plug-and-play operation. Not messing with wiring, no electrician to pay, etc..

Personally, I have no idea why people go to all the trouble to hardwire their EVSE... other than for perceived safety concerns. But, your dryer or other 240V appliance simply plugs in... do you consider it "unsafe"? And (as with my points above), because it simply plugs in, the dryer is easy to unplug and take with you when you move. Why should your car (just another 240V appliance) be any different?

well, seems that the 120 at work won't even happen right now. my facilities guy failed to mention that cause i was for sure that was a possibility in our last talkings. why do i mention that you say? because i signed the papers for the lease last night :evil:

so now im kinda stuck until we move with not being able to drive it to work. unless i sneak over to walgreens 5 miles down the road on the way in and out. how many miles can i pick up from 15 minutes of charging LOL!

Um, congratulations...I think! LOL

Interesting that your 120V got "yanked" (I'm sort of in the same boat: I don't have workplace charging and my workplace is strongly against it!--but my commute is only 15 miles, and there is a Chargepoint within walking distance).

Did they give you a reason why they won't let you charge up? (Too expensive to run the cable? Afraid you'll increase the electricity bills being plugged in all day??--sure by $1/day!)

You may also "light a fire" for the facilities people when you show up with your FFE (I'm sure they were thinking that: "Until I see it, it isn't real" so the power wasn't a priority...until now)

15 Minutes of charging on a Level 2 is roughly about 5-8 miles.

jmueller065 said:
Um, congratulations...I think! LOL

Interesting that your 120V got "yanked" (I'm sort of in the same boat: I don't have workplace charging and my workplace is strongly against it!--but my commute is only 15 miles, and there is a Chargepoint within walking distance).

Did they give you a reason why they won't let you charge up? (Too expensive to run the cable? Afraid you'll increase the electricity bills being plugged in all day??--sure by $1/day!)

You may also "light a fire" for the facilities people when you show up with your FFE (I'm sure they were thinking that: "Until I see it, it isn't real" so the power wasn't a priority...until now)

basically since the building is in place they say it would be in the $1,xxx range to run the proper wires. and also the reason "if i do it for you i would have to do it for everyone". the time was last year when they were building it out he said.

how to these pay per hour charging stations work? i see they are $x.xx/hour but what if i want 30 minutes?

blackbeasst said:
well, seems that the 120 at work won't even happen right now. my facilities guy failed to mention that cause i was for sure that was a possibility in our last talkings. why do i mention that you say? because i signed the papers for the lease last night :evil:
Doh!

Is there somewhere they can let you park that's within 100ft from an existing outlet? Perhaps they would let you use an extension? I've been charging nightly on a 12ga 50ft extension since January, no problems. Folks on other forums for other EVs do the same (some with 100ft), even though the owners manual warns against it (we think it's just CYA).

Here's the 100ft version of what I have. $60, or if you want to go 10ga, it's $100.
http://www.harborfreight.com/100-ft-12-gauge-tripletap-extension-cord-with-indicator-light-99960.html

To answer your question on the pay-to-charge: All the $/hr charging stations I've seen have a 1-hour minimum. The Walgreens near my work now charges by the kWh, I think it's like 50 cents (WTF?!). Check chargepoint.com for the Walgreen's near you. Hopefully it's cheaper. But even at 50 cents/kWh your whole commute in the FFE should be cheaper than gallons of gas...

v_traveller said:
blackbeasst said:
Doh!

Is there somewhere they can let you park that's within 100ft from an existing outlet? Perhaps they would let you use an extension? I've been charging nightly on a 12ga 50ft extension since January, no problems. Folks on other forums for other EVs do the same (some with 100ft), even though the owners manual warns against it (we think it's just CYA).

Here's the 100ft version of what I have. $60, or if you want to go 10ga, it's $100.
http://www.harborfreight.com/100-ft-12-gauge-tripletap-extension-cord-with-indicator-light-99960.html

To answer your question on the pay-to-charge: All the $/hr charging stations I've seen have a 1-hour minimum. The Walgreens near my work now charges by the kWh, I think it's like 50 cents (WTF?!). Check chargepoint.com for the Walgreen's near you. Hopefully it's cheaper. But even at 50 cents/kWh your whole commute in the FFE should be cheaper than gallons of gas...

i think the who thing is that if he allows me to run an extension cord, he would have to allow all the users to run an extension cord. i know i know, but i can't fight him on that. he's also my bosses boss so i won't make a big deal about it. will just have to either not drive it to work till we move, or go hang out at walgreens for lunch!

WattsUp said:
Personally, I have no idea why people go to all the trouble to hardwire their EVSE... other than for perceived safety concerns.
That, and an outdoor install where you don't want it stolen because you've listed it on PlugShare.

twscrap said:
WattsUp said:
Personally, I have no idea why people go to all the trouble to hardwire their EVSE... other than for perceived safety concerns.
That, and an outdoor install where you don't want it stolen because you've listed it on PlugShare.
True, true. I was thinking only of indoor (like, in a garage).

WattsUp said:
jmueller065 said:
I wouldn't count on more than 5, maximum.

nah worse case until i move i'll just park her there for an hour while i eat lunch. or just not sell my tdi until we move and drive that. that will really make the wifey happy! "hey hun, i just bought this car..................but i can't drive it to work" :D

SON OF A BEACH :evil:

my clipper creek was "delivered" to my house at 3:30 yet there is no friggin package here. this is beyond f'ed up.

edit: crisis averted. i went snoopin around the neighborhood and found it next door.

Back