Lead times from order to delivery

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowzx5

Do we have any idea about the lead times on he FFE??

I'm beginning to get upset that I keep getting lease ending soon mailings and not an idea of when Ford will actually build my FFE. I wanted leather and performance blue.

The dealership has a white one in cloth and a silver with cloth showing up already, but none that I want. I would have thought Ford would be eager to build it to make their customer happy.

I'm noticing that when I want a car I order, they take forever, but for some reason I want only a Ford.

When you put your order in your dealer should have given you an estimate.

Currently I don't think it's changed from the general 8-12 weeks that they usually say. Back in 2013 mine took all 12 weeks and since my dealer was across the street from the plant there was no transportation time added. You can probably add a good 2 more weeks on simply for that.

If your previous lease is a Ford you should be able to extend it a few weeks given that you have another Ford on order--again your dealer should be able to help you out there.

jmueller065 said:
When you put your order in your dealer should have given you an estimate.

Currently I don't think it's changed from the general 8-12 weeks that they usually say. Back in 2013 mine took all 12 weeks and since my dealer was across the street from the plant there was no transportation time added. You can probably add a good 2 more weeks on simply for that.

If your previous lease is a Ford you should be able to extend it a few weeks given that you have another Ford on order--again your dealer should be able to help you out there.

Currently it also depends on the region you live in too because so,e areas get more than others. I would have thought that if a customer has ordered it then the plant would send them one before a dealer order for the lot.

Mine took a long time too. Almost as long as you've been waiting. I assume you have a vin from the dealer? Ford has a site you can enter your vin and generate the window sticker which will have the build date on it so you know at least when it was/will be built. I don't remember off the top of my head but some quick googling should find it for you. You can also plug the vin into http://www.etis.ford.com/. As a last resort you can contact fordservice on twitter with your vin to find out where your car is.

Thank you for your kind words. As of March 23rd it's been in the hands of the transportation company. From there, nobody knows where it is. I can track an envelope across the country. But we can't track a $20,000 car traveling 280 miles.

Steve, Just an FYI mine too was supposedly in the hands of the transportation company. A month and a half later I found out it had never left the factory. Ford never did offer any explanation as to why but I speculate something with the battery didn't pass QC and they had to wait on the slow boat from Korea for a repair or replacement battery. When it did finally leave the factory it went on Canadian National Railway to Chicago where it was then loaded on a truck for the dealer. I assume yours is probably going the same route since you're in Chicago. I don't remember how long exactly it was but I don't think it was more than a week and a half, two weeks at most. My car had a build date of early August and I took delivery in November. Believe me I empathize with your anguish! Make sure your dealer goes over the car thoroughly before you get it! Thankfully my dealer Havill-Spoerl did and there were a few interior parts that were replaced because they had grease smudges and/or small tears. Hang in there it's well worth the wait. Mine was made easier by a huge price drop. Maybe you'll get lucky too and Ford will offer better incentives before you take delivery.

triangles said:
When it did finally leave the factory it went on Canadian National Railway to Chicago where it was then loaded on a truck for the dealer. .

WHAT? They put your car on a train from Wayne Michigan to Chicago and then put it on a truck to Toledo Ohio?

Steve0512 said:
As of today. I've been waiting 142 days. :cry:
Same here I been waiting since November 136 days now same as you in Chicagoland and its not even build ... Build date is 04/16 si this week but I remember your build date was earlier and still no car man thats a bummer

Steve0512 said:
WHAT? They put your car on a train from Wayne Michigan to Chicago and then put it on a truck to Toledo Ohio?
He drove to the Chicago area to pick up his FFE and used a Chicago area (I think Wisconsin) dealer. Search his user ID he posted his drive back home.

Steve0512, Actually my FFE was trucked from Chicago to the dealer in Wisconsin then trucked to Toledo, OH. jmueller065 was trying to talk me into driving it home. Pretty sure that would have been a disaster seeing as how temps were almost single digits when it was ready to leave the dealer. I think I'm less than 50mi from the factory where it's made. Would have been great if I could just have driven it home from the factory! At the time none of the dealers within about a 100mi radius from me wanted to sell me a FFE. I was just about to give up and buy a Leaf from the Nissan dealer around the corner who would have happily ordered one for me at a great price when I found the Wisconsin dealer on this forum.

triangles said:
jmueller065 was trying to talk me into driving it home. Pretty sure that would have been a disaster seeing as how temps were almost single digits when it was ready to leave the dealer.
LOL! Don't bring me in on this; I was just encouraging you...

Besides, looking at plugshare, I still think you could have made it :)

I would definitely have needed a chase vehicle with a generator to get across NW Ohio! looking at plugshare it looks like I could have made it to Angola, IN with only 8 charging stops, that is assuming each charging station on the route actually works. There's no charge station within range going east from Angola :(

I should have just engineered a harpoon system for the front to latch on to the back of a semi trailer...... Get pulled along and put it in "L" to quickly recharge the battery! :lol:

Or use something like this, except that it would probably void the warranty since Ford says explicitly not to:
towdolly.jpg

Back