It has happened

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerstrokeNC

As many have reported before it has happened to us.....

Our ICE vehicle has a flat battery LOL! I just put a charger on it today, I chuckled to myself and thought I would share the story....

You really don't need to charge the little battery. The HV pack will do this. I bought from amazon a volt gauge to plug into the lighter to watch the voltage and I always double hit the locks so it honks to see if I turned it off and of course keep it plugged in.

@73mach1: You missed that he was talking about his ICE, not his FFE.

Presumably, since getting the FFE, he hasn't driven his ICE much and the battery went flat.

Yup. :)

I put one of these on one of our cars that gets driven about twice a year. It keeps the battery in good shape:

http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-SE-1-12S-CA-Automatic-Onboard-Battery/dp/B0000AXTUY%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB0000AXTUY

Who says your ICE vehicle can't have a plug?

Yeah I missed it. I would call it a car. But I have the guage in my diesel too, and I use solar chargers on it. 50 dollar charger against $200 batteries.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Schumacher. I actually use a portable version of the one you posted a link of. It works great.

:)

Back