Is this a good deal?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be pedantic again, LOL: You cannot get an F-150 in a dually configuration. Only the "really big" pickups (F-250, F-350, F-450, etc.) can be ordered as a dually.

Having owned an F-250, and an F-350 in the past I can say that not all pickup owners feel that way. (In addition if you compare my transportation "fuel" costs from when I had the F-350 to now they went from $350+ a month down to the $30 in the FFE.)

jmueller065 said:
To be pedantic again, LOL: You cannot get an F-150 in a dually configuration. Only the "really big" pickups (F-250, F-350, F-450, etc.) can be ordered as a dually.
Sorry. :) They all look the same to me. And they all seem to drive around empty and, rarely, if ever, used for their actual purpose (picking up stuff) or to their capacity.

And I especially like those guys who illegally modify their engines so they can "roll coal" (blast out of a cloud of black soot) over anybody nearby. (I'm sure you're not one of those guys, jmueller065.)

WattsUp said:
And I especially like those guys who illegally modify their engines so they can "roll coal" (blast out of a cloud of black soot) over anybody nearby. (I'm sure you're not one of those guys, jmueller065.)
Nope never was (that is a relatively new thing and I wasn't interested in such shenanigans) none of mine could do it: both my Super Duties had the V-10 engine (gas). You can only "roll coal" with a Diesel. I was one who did use the truck: We pulled around our 5th wheel camper with them.

Also keep in mind that the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 in the F-150 is the most popular engine choice for that pickup. Even the truck buyers want to save a few $$ at the pump.
Reference:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-sells-500-000th-ecoboost-equipped-f-150.html

There are people, though, that do that: go out and spend $60k+ on a Super Duty Diesel and drive it as a daily driver without any intention of using it as a truck. If I were to have that much play $$ around I'd get a Tesla! LOL

Getting this thread rolling again with the new incentives out there. My offer from a local dealer in SoCal was:

* $2500 cap reduction (i'll deal with the CA $2500 rebate later)
* 10.5k miles per year
* 36 month lease
* Leather seats as the only option

Monthly was $285. Seems high to me. Credit shouldn't be a problem. My scores are 800-ish.

$285 is that with tax rolled in? What Money down? I'm assuming the $7500 fed is in there. My NY state tax was $66/mth and I'm at $321 rolled in with no money down.
That was a February deal $36,990 Leather only option.

Need more details to make the call.
H

Lithium said:
$285 is that with tax rolled in? What Money down? I'm assuming the $7500 fed is in there. My NY state tax was $66/mth and I'm at $321 rolled in with no money down.
That was a February deal $36,990 Leather only option.

$2500 cap reduction, the signing tax, license and doc fees were going to be rolled in. $285 did NOT include the monthly taxes.

since the tax on my car in Feb 2014 in NYS at 8.625% was $2400, I don't think you're getting a good deal. What was the money factor? multiple that by 2400 to get the rate. Should be 0.25% for good credit. What was the residual value % given on 36months with 10.5K miles? going residuals are 36% with 15K and 38% with 12K. I don't know the 10.5K rate but should be ~40%, my guess. What was the actual agreed on purchase price of the car?

The Monthly taxes can only be the signing taxes, Sales tax. what do you mean?
H

Lithium said:
since the tax on my car in Feb 2014 in NYS at 8.625% was $2400, I don't think you're getting a good deal. What was the money factor? multiple that by 2400 to get the rate. Should be 0.25% for good credit. What was the residual value % given on 36months with 10.5K miles? going residuals are 36% with 15K and 38% with 12K. I don't know the 10.5K rate but should be ~40%, my guess. What was the actual agreed on purchase price of the car?

There are a lot of questions here I can't answer since I didn't take the offer with me when i left. It all seemed very shady though, not the least of which the base price of the car did not match my X-Plan certificate.

I hate car dealerships. Give me Tesla's model any day of the week.

Thanks for your insight. I'll be more thorough when i talk to the next place, assuming I can find one.

For reference, my 36month lease from a Southern California Ford Dealer for my new 2014 FFE with cloth seats I got a month ago came out to about $250/month without sales tax ($274/month with tax) and true ZERO down.
The Ford incentive lease cash offer at the time ($11,750) covered all the initial fees (tax,license,doc fees) and even the first month payment. The car was delivered to me without my paying one red cent!
My first monthly payment is this week.

My negotiated price for the car was MSRP minus $2700 dealer discount. If I had purchased the car rather than lease it, then the $6000 Ford bonus incentive would have been in effect.
My deal was a couple weeks before Ford dropped the MSRP of the FFE by $6000, but they also reduced the lease cash incentive to $10,000 - but it should be possible now to get a lease with an even better deal than I got. Though the dealers may not give as big a dealer discount right now since its not end of the quarter like when I got mine.

NightHawk said:
For reference, my 36month lease from a Southern California Ford Dealer for my new 2014 FFE with cloth seats I got a month ago came out to about $250/month without sales tax ($274/month with tax) and true ZERO down.
The Ford incentive lease cash offer at the time ($11,750) covered all the initial fees (tax,license,doc fees) and even the first month payment. The car was delivered to me without my paying one red cent!
My first monthly payment is this week.

My negotiated price for the car was MSRP minus $2700 dealer discount. If I had purchased the car rather than lease it, then the $6000 Ford bonus incentive would have been in effect.
My deal was a couple weeks before Ford dropped the MSRP of the FFE by $6000, but they also reduced the lease cash incentive to $10,000 - but it should be possible now to get a lease with an even better deal than I got. Though the dealers may not give as big a dealer discount right now since its not end of the quarter like when I got mine.

Thanks for that! Good info. Yeah, seems to me with the new deals available, and the fact I'm willing to drop $2500 on it at signing, I should be able to drop that monthly payment some. Not sure how the X-Plan pricing fits into the equation.

If you don't mind, which dealer? Did you feel like they were an honest bunch? (well, for car dealers anyway)

I used the Trucar website and it found a couple local Ford dealers that offered the low price deals, no need to negotiate.
I recommend that site, give it a shot.

Back