Is Ford Planning something new for electric vehicles

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

Please read the following article before leaving a comment.
http://www.torquenews.com/2250/ford-going-surprise-us-long-range-electric-vehicle

Is Ford going to supprise us in 2018 with a long range EV?
Or will we see improvements to existing models?
I think we may see a possible improvents in the 2016 FFE when it comes out. This could be a mild or substantial improvent in range, since the new Nissan Leaf appears it will have an improved driving range of about 125 - 150 miles. The new Leaf could nearly double its driving range.

I've read similar opinion pieces about Ford's future plans in the past. It's very difficult to tell given Ford's lack of response to the FFE.

So far I'm left with a "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude (with the hope that I will see it someday).

Hope springs eternal...

I can't imagine that Ford isn't cooking something up. They did a very good job on the FFE if they weren't making a major commitment to the program. I rather like the theory that we are all Beta testers; Ford is learning a lot from this model.

The current state of the market is why we purchased our FFE. I doubt there'll be enough development in 2-3 years that we'll be able to afford an EV without major incentives. I sincerely hope Ford'll be an influential player in the EV market 5 years from now.

Dang, where's my crystal ball when I need it?

Jenny

jenjc said:
Hope springs eternal...

I can't imagine that Ford isn't cooking something up. They did a very good job on the FFE if they weren't making a major commitment to the program.

Unless Ford has a fuel cell car up its sleeve, Ford must take EVs seriously. California and ten other states have increasing mandates for zero emission cars. No major manufacturer can bail out of ZEVs at this point.

Back