IRS and Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor vehicle Credi

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

I went to the mail box after work, and found two letters from the IRS. One was my refund check from the IRS, and other was a letter saying why my refund was reduced by $1754 dollars. Ouch!! :cry: In the letter it said my tax credit was reduced by the alternative minimum tax (ATM). After hours of research, and checking my math I could find no reason the ATM would reduce the credit. Trying to contact the IRS I experienced many hours of being place on hold, and being disconnect a couple of times. I did finaly get to the legal department were too they could find no reason for ATM would reduce the credit. After the final phone call the agent said he could do nothing for me, and that I would have to write to the IRS to review my case. I will now have to wait 4 to 6 weeks just to get a response out of the IRS now. :evil:
When you file form 8936 Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit, remember it is not affected by the alternative minimum tax! If you get a letter saying otherwise, do contest it!
Now I did paper file my taxes. Hopefully E filers won't have this problem.
Has anyone else had issues with the IRS?

Back