iPhone images: Southern California charging stations.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
studio460 said:
Is this the one in the Beverly Hills library/police station parking structure on Rexford? Or is there another parking area at the courthouse? Plugshare doesn't show one at the courthouse on Burton Way. Thanks!
It's next to the library, across the street from the courthouse.

Really? So there's another one in addition to the one in the police/library structure? I couldn't find it in plugshare (only the library one). I'll have a look next time I'm there. Thanks!

I went back to my city-owned lot just to see if they were open all night--yes, they are!

EM1B.png

EM1C.png

Excellent signage! And, according to plugshare members--it's definitely enforced with $48 parking tickets.

EM5B.png

But, zero ground signage [the Orange County lot (the first images posted) wins for ground signage].

EM2B.png

EM3B.png

EM4A.png

Plus, a not-so-great iPhone photo of my new rear splash-guards!

EMSG3.png

I live in PA. I can testify that not all electric-certified Ford dealers will allow you to charge an FFE. There aren't many charging options around here, so I planned a trip that included a charge at an electric certified Ford dealer. I asked a guy in the showroom if I could charge and was told yes. Then a manager-looking woman came out and glared at me, and the guy came out and said "I have to turn the charger off." Maybe that's unusual, I don't know.

I'm wondering about the signature that says his FFE is debadged. Are you concerned about people harassing you, or do you think it looks better? I removed the badge on the rear but left the side badges on. Few people realize it's electric. It looks like a Focus because it is Focus and people just think it's a Focus. When it's parked and I'm talking to someone who sees the Electric badge, they think it's a hybrid. If I tell someone it's fully electric, in almost every case (maybe every) they say 'I didn't know Ford made an electric Focus.'

I just thought the Focus logo wasn't particularly attractive. I debadge my cars to make them more "mysterious!" Almost everyone asks/thinks the same thing: "Is that a hybrid?" NO. "I didn't know Ford made an all-electric!" YEAH, NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW THAT! About your Ford dealer--that's a total BS attitude to exhibit to a Ford customer! I would report that to someone at Ford. The dealer near my work has a charger EXPLICITLY for customers visiting the service or parts departments.

studio460 said:
Almost everyone asks/thinks the same thing: "Is that a hybrid?" NO.
My car is 100% stock, including the "Electric" on the doors and I always get that question too! "No--that's why it says 'electric' on the side." Granted, since it looks like a stock Focus I've only heard that question about 3 times now in 2+ years.

I get more recognition by other FFE drivers on the road than anyone else--seems like we got our own little niche and give each other a friendly wave.

:waving at all of you: LOL

studio460 said:
About your Ford dealer--that's a total BS attitude to exhibit to a Ford customer! I would report that to someone at Ford. The dealer near my work has a charger EXPLICITLY for customers visiting the service or parts departments.
Some dealers will only charge cars that are in for service, they don't make them available for anyone else. My SO had an experience where the EVSEs that she normally utilized were occupied, and she couldn't make it home without charging. There was a Ford Dealership a few miles away, so she headed over there with the FFE. Explaining that she couldn't make it home without charging and offering to pay for the charge, she was told in no uncertain terms to go pound sand by a bitchy office manager (I'm seeing a theme here), that their EVSEs were only for service customers. Needless to say I was pissed. After leaving a not so nice review on their FB page, they apologized, but said they would not change their policy. Ultimately I was at least able to get them to remove their EVSEs from Plugshare so no one else would have the same experience with those schmucks.

studio460 said:
I just thought the Focus logo wasn't particularly attractive. I debadge my cars to make them more "mysterious!" Almost everyone asks/thinks the same thing: "Is that a hybrid?" NO. "I didn't know Ford made an all-electric!" YEAH, NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW THAT! .

I showed mine to a driver with a Smart EV and his comment was "I didn't know Volvo made an EV...."

twscrap said:
studio460 said:
About your Ford dealer--that's a total BS attitude to exhibit to a Ford customer! I would report that to someone at Ford. The dealer near my work has a charger EXPLICITLY for customers visiting the service or parts departments.
Some dealers will only charge cars that are in for service, they don't make them available for anyone else. My SO had an experience where the EVSEs that she normally utilized were occupied, and she couldn't make it home without charging. There was a Ford Dealership a few miles away, so she headed over there with the FFE. Explaining that she couldn't make it home without charging and offering to pay for the charge, she was told in no uncertain terms to go pound sand by a bitchy office manager (I'm seeing a theme here), that their EVSEs were only for service customers. Needless to say I was pissed. After leaving a not so nice review on their FB page, they apologized, but said they would not change their policy. Ultimately I was at least able to get them to remove their EVSEs from Plugshare so no one else would have the same experience with those schmucks.

I charged up my FFE once at Carson Toyota. They told me, "It's tough enough driving an EV. We can afford to help someone who needs charge"

twscrap said:
studio460 said:

I was told by Ford Corporate that they were for all FFE owners. Not just people in for service.

studio460 said:
I just thought the Focus logo wasn't particularly attractive. I debadge my cars to make them more "mysterious!"

I'd like to debadge mine. I've read various different processes that people use to debadge their cars. What process did you use, and how well did it work?

I went ot Sanford Florida, where they have a few Charge Point stations, flashed my card, and it said open door 1.

That door 1 was only 110vac, and clearly it had a regular 220vac charge capability.

whats with that.?

Tom French said:
I went ot Sanford Florida, where they have a few Charge Point stations, flashed my card, and it said open door 1.

That door 1 was only 110vac, and clearly it had a regular 220vac charge capability.

whats with that.?
There are ChargePoint stations that offer both Level 2 and Level 1 charging. Level 1 charging is provided through the standard "wall socket" inside the door (provided your have your own Level 1 EVSE to plug into it).

Was the Level 2 handle in use when you flashed your card? If so, then you simply witnessed normal operation. When you flash one of those stations while the Level 2 handle is in use, it allows you to open the door and use the wall socket instead. If the station is a pay station, you will be charged for the electricity you consume from the socket.

Back