I keep getting "accidental unplug" txts since recall updates

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Shortly after I unplug my FFE, I often unexpectedly receive the notification "Your vehicle had an accidental unplug while charging", even after it is has been fully charged without issue (and has also already sent a "fully charged" notification, btw). I don't get them every time, but I have received several at this point.

The interesting thing is that I never received this sort of accidental unplug notification before having the recall updates applied (which was just recently). For the entire last year, I would simply unplug my FFE (at any time after it had fully charged) and all was well (no weird notifications).

Anybody else getting similar "unexpected" accidental unplug notifications?

I'm also not sure which checkbox this notification applies to in my MyFordMobile account settings (the "charge fault" notification perhaps, which I don't really want to turn off)?

There is a plug sense circuit in the handle of the charger. I wonder if the circuit is not being disengaged properly.

Does this happen on all chargers?

Also, maybe try firmly pressing the button on the plug and hold it for a half a second before removing it. If that stops the messages then it's likely something to do with the button on your plug.

I'm getting the same notification recently. Most often when I push the button down on the J1772 to signal the car to stop charging so I can unplug.

sefs said:
I'm getting the same notification recently. Most often when I push the button down on the J1772 to signal the car to stop charging so I can unplug.
You mean, you get the notification right when you press the button?

Mine come pretty quickly, but sometime after I've unplugged... not instantly, by any measure.

WattsUp said:
You mean, you get the notification right when you press the button?
I've noticed a similar thing: I have my chargepoint account setup to text me for all of its notifications. A couple of times I have received the text "Vehicle is unplugged" while I was in the process of unplugging! (I can't say it was right when I pressed the button or not--I only know that the cable was in my hand when my phone beeped.) Other times I get the text minutes, sometimes hours later.

I think that is due to the latency of the cell-phone network more than it is the internet speed.

Back