Horn blast in ACC mode

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightHawk

I noticed that the FFE always blasts the horn loud for a second and flashes the external lights if I open a door while the car is in ACC mode.
I've been using ACC mode a lot in my garage and go in and out of the car to check things.
That loud horn honk noise is disturbing if I'm working at night out there.
Is there any way to disable that feature? I haven't found any way in the car's menu settings or in the manual.
Anyone know of a secret way to turn off that horn alert in ACC mode when a door is opened?

Yeah maybe its when I get out with my key in the pocket and leave the car in ACC mode.
So if I leave the key inside the car it won't honk in ACC mode if I get in and out?

In any case is there a way to disable that honking somehow?

hybridbear said:
No honk if you leave the key in the car. I don't think anyone knows how to disable the honk.

OK. That kinda seems kinda backwards to me though.
I would think you would want an alert to warn you that are leaving your keys in the car not that you are leaving with your keys.

NightHawk said:
I would think you would want an alert to warn you that are leaving your keys in the car not that you are leaving with your keys.
No, the warning is about leaving the car on.

Once the car is on, the key is not needed to drive the car indefinitely. Meaning, the car will be fully drivable until it is next turned off. The key is only needed to turn the car on. The key does not need to be inside or near the car in order to drive it.

So, the warning means, "Hey, you left me on, anybody could drive me away right now".

WattsUp said:
NightHawk said:
No, the warning is about leaving the car on.

Once the car is on, the key is not needed to drive the car indefinitely. Meaning, the car will be fully drivable until it is next turned off. The key is only needed to turn the car on. The key does not need to be inside or near the car in order to drive it.

So, the warning means, "Hey, you left me on, anybody could drive me away right now".

I don't think anyone can drive the car if its only in ACC mode can they without the key?
They would need the key and hold the brake pedal down and press the start button?
I could understand if it was in READY to drive mode, but the horn blast for only ACC mode seems unneeded - lights flashing would be enough. :)

Yup. It's kind of annoying when you're playing around with your cargo organizer or something at 4:00AM (I'm kind of a night owl), and it goes "HONK, HONK."

Back