Happy

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markminnc

I bought my new FFE Monday at an out of town dealer. The dealer delivered the car on a flatbed yesterday, Tuesday, as part of the deal. I ordered a charging station from Clipper Creek, their LCS-25 yesterday and it should be here M/T of next week. I drove the car around last night and liked it more than on the test drive the day before. Charged it last night from a 60% level using the type one cord.

This will be a commute car for me, I live 21 miles one way from work. I live on the coast so all is flat. About half of the trip is 55mph and the rest 35 and 45. Today I drove it in to work and I was surprised and pleased with the battery usage. This morning I did not need AC, did not need lights, I was too busy for the radio, and I drove a tad slower than I normally would. I drove the 21 mile commute and the car is telling me that I have 71 miles remaining.

I am liking this more each time I get in it. I am hoping that I can figure out all of the computerized options some time. I actually am a design engineer and part of what I do for work is write software, but so far all the microsoft user front end and multiple websites has been over the top for me. And, have not figured it out yet but three times so far the car has beeped at me and I don't have a clue why.

I was "fighting" with the reg process for myford mobile yesterday and during the process the car got confused with me and I could not turn it off. Had to sign out of myfordmobile and disconnect my charge before I could turn the car off.

Welcome to the world of FFE ownership. So far I love mine (been 8 days now).

So far my lifetime consumption (as reported by the car) is only about 234 Wh/mile thus giving me 83+ miles every morning when I hop in. (I'm fully expecting this to drop when the weather goes "north" in the fall.)

Most of the messages associated with the car beeping at you are on the far left screen on the dash. (Although the My Ford Touch screen in the middle does have its fair share of pop-up messages as well! LOL)

Congratulations.
My work commute is 64 miles round trip and I was worried at first.
But I've had the car a week and I can easily make it to work and back and still have 15-20 miles left.
I'm such an efficient driver that my miles now says just over 100 in the morning when I leave for work. And I work in the middle of the desert in over 100 degree temp and the car sits in the sun all day for 9 hours.
And the regeneration is awesome, by the time I get to the freeway in the morning that's 11 miles away I usually have only used 2 miles.

I sold my luxury 2012 BMW to get this to save money on gas and I have zero regrets.
I absolutely love this car.
My BMW tags were over $500 a year and this car is only $37. My insurance is $200 a years less also.
My out the door payment with $500 down is $345.04 and I have leather and white platinum paint and 15k miles a year and I couldn't be any happier.

I'm a private pilot and love electronics and playing with this car's computer is a joy.

And I'm already 6th on the Zen rankings. :)

Jasper

It must be nice to live somewhere warm and flat. Here is Seattle there are so many hills that I'd be shocked if anyone could get over 80 miles. My way to work is downhill though so most days I end up with more miles at work than I left with. Of course that all goes away on the way home.

Marc - Congratulations! If you have any questions or issues, just let us know and we'll do our best to help out. I've had mine for over a month and I'm still learning things. The manual is fine but there are a few things that it does a poor job with. I don't know if you've had an electric car before or how much you know about them but don't worry about things like lights and the radio. The 2 biggest determiners of power used are the hvac and how fast you drive with speed being the far more important. If you need to go further, slow down. Keep us updated on what you think of it.

First commute day, yesterday, I started with 77 miles showing when leaving the house. I drove 21 miles to work. I drove about five miles for lunch. I drove 21 miles home. I had 54 miles when I got home. I really felt good, my commute was going to be easy to do with this car. I could have done a second round trip I think. I plugged in at 6:30pm last night and the car said it would take until 2:30am to fully charge, (am using the 110 cord that came with the car). I ordered a Clipper Creek 240VAC charging station yesterday and it will be here next Tuesday.

I have had three co workers test drive my car and lots of questions. I live in the Wilmington NC area and we have almost zero electric cars here. I know of one Tesla and there are some Leaf's. I may have the first FFE. The nearest dealer is in Raleigh about 140 miles away and they have apparently not sold more than a hand full.

I love the car so far. I have a lot more learning to do on the bells and whistles but I am enjoying the ride.

Mark

markminnc said:
First commute day, yesterday, I started with 77 miles showing when leaving the house. I drove 21 miles to work. I drove about five miles for lunch. I drove 21 miles home. I had 54 miles when I got home. I really felt good, my commute was going to be easy to do with this car. I could have done a second round trip I think. I plugged in at 6:30pm last night and the car said it would take until 2:30am to fully charge, (am using the 110 cord that came with the car). I ordered a Clipper Creek 240VAC charging station yesterday and it will be here next Tuesday.

I have had three co workers test drive my car and lots of questions. I live in the Wilmington NC area and we have almost zero electric cars here. I know of one Tesla and there are some Leaf's. I may have the first FFE. The nearest dealer is in Raleigh about 140 miles away and they have apparently not sold more than a hand full.

I love the car so far. I have a lot more learning to do on the bells and whistles but I am enjoying the ride.

Mark

Also, if you drive mellow the range will go up.
The first day I test drove the car the range after full charge was 64, then after one day it said 75 in the morning. then the next day it said 80 something.
Then it was saying just over 100 for a few days.
I think the range computes the last several drives, so it should go up by the end of the week since it's still registering some of the test drives people made in it.

Back