Got my new car....

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashuri

and it's not a focus! Some of you my remember my troubles with my 2012 Focus Electric on these forums (look up my posts)

Got a new (new for me but used) Porsche Cayman, LOVE IT...and the payments are $300 cheaper than I was paying for the Focus and NO SSN warning EVER!!!

Have fun guys

Glad things worked out for you as well! After my 12 different SSN episodes, and 3 months of utter denial from Ford I was able to force them to buy it back. Ordered a Tesla model S in October. Things have been much more gratifying since late December delivery! No more Fords for me.

WattsUp said:
ashuri said:
Got a new (new for me but used) Porsche Cayman, LOVE IT
Congratulations, I hope each of your miles is worth the $0.15 fuel cost. I'll continue to enjoy driving mine at $0.03. ;)
Good point. I appreciate same concept here in Calif., currently paying a bit under $0.02 per mile (when I don't charge at one of the free outlets at a mall around here), driving in the car-pool lane, avoiding essentially all maintenance bills, ...

Well it isn't like ashuri and Dreaming-in-Focus tried. If I got stuck with a lemon, I'd sure feel the same way too. After the SSN happened to me one time and before Ford came out with a fix, I wasn't too Ford happy. However, lucky for me the fix came out one week after it happened, and I went back to loving my FFE. The Tesla is nice, but I don't think I'd have gone that route; maybe a Rav4; although I would have preferred the look and feel and price of the FFE...or perhaps wait it out a few years for the technology to mature.

@ashuri, I'm glad you're happy but I can't help but wonder if you aren't a little math challenged (maybe a lot). The Cayman is a sweet car for sure but have you had to pay for any of that Porsche maintenance yet? Over the life of your loan it will probably be more than you're saving on your new payment. If you like that style of car, you could have done way better with something like a Tesla Roadster. Although the pre-owned Roadsters are more expensive than a Cayman, they have way less maintenance, better performance, no gas, 245 mi EV range, and no stinky exhaust. Good luck.

Back