Good / Bad Lease Deal

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in the Bay Area. Just curious, what is the average range you guys get from your Focus EV? I am driving 20 miles one way to work 4-5 days a week and mostly highway miles. I heard that someone only got 50ish miles from it?

jdmsti101 said:
We are in the Bay Area. Just curious, what is the average range you guys get from your Focus EV? I am driving 20 miles one way to work 4-5 days a week and mostly highway miles. I heard that someone only got 50ish miles from it?
My commute in 12 miles one way, mostly freeway. I do a mix of driving on the weekend, usually using up a full charge. Through all this, my FFE has pretty consistently estimated 70-80 miles on a full charge. That said, I get a real sense that the range estimates went up slightly after I had all the recall updates performed, and driving along at freeway speeds doesn't "hit" the range as much (as before the updates).

I drove from San Jose to Monterey once, which covered 70 miles at moderate freeway speeds, over varying terrain. (To be fair, I barely made it, but my experience with the car and the range estimation integrated into the navi gave me confidence that I could.) I routinely drive up to SF on weekends (which I do without anxiety) covering 50+ miles at freeway speeds and arrive with about 15-20 miles left.

I drive down and up 101 on weekdays, doing ~64mi daily. I start with a full charge, and get home with 14mi of range left on the average. I get better range if the traffic is bad (carpool lane is only on half of my route). When it rained last week, I got home with 24mi left, which is the best so far.

jdmsti101 said:

Quick update: I ended up getting the black electric with leather. The original dealer I thought I was getting the car through ended up being really shady once I signed paperwork and was waiting for the car to be delivered. In any case this is what I ended up with.

$275/month, $1000 down and 12K miles.

If anyone out there is looking to get one of these in the Inland Empire or OC area of California let me know. The dealership I ended up with was great.

Quick issue. I cant get myfordmobile to recognize the vin. It says this:The VIN or ESN entered is either incorrect, not compatible with MyFord Mobile, or not registered in our system. Please check your entry and try again. If you are having trouble, contact Ford’s In-Vehicle Technology Center at 1-800-392-FORD (3673).

I double checked the numbers and they are good. I have a case # with support but i was hoping someone out there has experienced this and knows of the solution.

cwcabuhat said:
Quick issue. I cant get myfordmobile to recognize the vin.
Sorry about your trouble. However, I suggest you post this under a more appropriate topic. (What does this problem have to do with leases?)

Standard 2014 FFE leased the day the rebate went up to $10,500 in December. $0 down, $299/mo, 36 months, 12,000mi/year. I was pretty happy with that until I heard they increased the rebate again in Feb. I guess it's like anything else you buy- be happy with what you bought and quit looking for deals unless you're ready to buy again.

No idea if this is good or not but here is what i got for FFE with leather in Atlanta Georgia

-2 year lease
-12,000 miles
-0 down

$410 a month

Finance guy was super curious as to why i went with 2 year lease vs 3 year leas as Ford charges
3.25 % interest vs .25% interest on 2 year vs 3 year.

In Georgia we get a $5000 state tax credit on a lease weather you lease for 2 years or 3 years.
So $5000/24 = $208/month or $5000/36 = $138 per month. This $70 difference mostly offset
the $90/month in additional interest of going with a 2 year lease. I wanted a shorter lease
as i am hoping in 2 years either the battery range will be better and/or the charging times
even quicker.

Hello All,
I am trying to get my first ever Ford. I currently drive a 2010 VW GTI but cannot wait for the VW E-golf coming later this year.

Here is the quote I got from a dealer in San Jose:

Retail price: $ 37585
Savings: $ 13244
Final price: $ 24341

15000 miles/year for 36 month with $1500 down payment is $323 (not sure if this include tax)

Does that sound like a good deal? The final price seems to be pretty good. Where can I have a leverage to negotiate to bring down the prices?

Thanks.

I think you can do better. I got mine six months ago when the deals weren't as good as now. I pay about 345 a month not including tax, with zero driveaway and 19,500 miles.

The 1500 down adds about $40 to the effective price you are paying (1500/36).

Hi All,

Almost pulled the trigger on a Spark EV yesterday, however local dealer didn't have one and I ended up taking a FFE out for a spin and was sold.
Not quite the power, however much larger (read safer), and build materials and quality and sound are surprisingly nice.

So, looking for quotes in the East Bay and getting the following for a 2014, 36 months, 10.5k/yr, leather, non-premium paint.
Saw on Ford.com that they were advertising $4400/down and $160/m + lic/doc/fees.

Dealer 1: 5500 down, 185/m - 12,160
Dealer 2: 3000 down, 231/m - 11,316 (car has EPP already)
Dealer 3: 3000 down, 237.06 - 11,532 (Costco preferred dealer)

Just emailed Dealer 2 that dealer 3 will meet her price and offer 12.5k miles too. Not sure if I have much leverage or not.

I'm stoked as even at the 11532 price, once you include $2500 CA rebate, my 3 year TCL would only be 9032.

I think I'm getting a decent deal, am I missing something?

koehler -

Folks that posted on this thread got a lower lease deal not too long ago (see pages 6 and 7); ~$10K total over 3 years for 12Kmi/yr, all inclusive (tax, license, etc), before the $2500 CA rebate. Folks I'm thinking about got those deals in So Cal; perhaps the market is different where you are?

Do the figures you've provided include tax, license, fees? If so, at least dealer 2 and 3 made an effort to differentiate themselves from the website offer. If you've got three dealers to choose from, I'd say you have some leverage to shave off at least a few hundred, probably more.

Here's what I suggest: check out the lease terms folks got on page 6 and 7, ask your dealers to match what you saw that others got recently in California. Worst that can happen is that they all stand by their current offers, in which case we can probably surmise that those offers are the best that can be had in your neck of the woods. But I'm betting that they'll go lower.

How much is the EPP from dealer 2?

Hi V,

EPP was 245.

Looking back, I do see where someone got it down to 9800 or so, and I think that was with tax too.
Thanks for reminding me!

I am currently working NorCal's largest Ford dealer and others, and last email tonight she went to $500 below invoice, 12k miles, but didn't include real numbers ( it was after 7:00 PM).
I need to get them all quoting the same, down, monthly (incl. tax/doc/lic.).

I should be getting 3-4 quotes tomorrow AM, and will see how far I can continue pitting lowest against the rest. I'd love to get one of them down to 10K if possible, not sure if the local market up here moves them faster though.

Appreciate the info!

No problem! One more thing, not sure if you're new to leasing, but here's one more thing to consider - suggest you try to get a lower drive-off, preferably $0 due at signing followed by 35 payments. Just in case life takes a turn for the worse (or better) and want to turn in the car early, or maybe find a better use for that $3000 you'd shell out on those current offers. Payments will obviously be higher, but should not add up to much more than putting a high down (should be within $100 or so). Better to have that $3K in the bank rather than in the "equity" of the car. And if you have that $3K in the bank, you might think twice about shelling out $245 for EPP (most I had to pay at lease end for damage was $260 or so for a dented front fender).

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Got my Ice Storm FFE yesterday at 9pm.
$0 down with 13500/yr for 36 months with $750 excess wear protection (I have a kid and I don't want to deal with curb rash fixing) came to $365/month.
Took it for a drive in the morning for 60 miles mostly highway and returned home with 19 left. Currently charging with 110v but have the Clipper Creek LCS-25p on order.

For those in CA, apparently starting from yesterday, CA ran out of money for $2500 rebate and they are starting a waitlist. The website says that the rebate will be delivered by September 2014. Sigh! With rebate factored in, it would come to $300 /month. I think it is a fair deal for a new car and new technology.

mdashal, that sounds great. Any chance you could provide dealer details, or better, a snapshot of your lease deal? I'd love to use that to push my attempt.

Just went to a Napa dealer, and was quoted the following "competitive" deal vs Fremont:

0 Down, but amount due at signing 1617
( 1st month 310, 441 fees, 866 upfront taxes)
35 x 310
Total: 12,367

Currently querying Fremont to confirm $318.56 x 36 is all inclusive of tax/fees/charges as originally requested. Total 11,486

koehler - is the $318.56/mo from Fremont a $0 drive-off, or is there $318.56 due at signing? If $0 drive-off, you should only have 35 payments, which sweetens the deal a little bit...

OK, done and done, dealer should be dropping of my new FFE in the next hour.

2014 FFE
Ice Storm
Leather "Stone"
12K mile/year

Total cost inc. all tax/fees is $10,885, or 36 x $302.38

Had no other Dealers call me back, on 3/31 last day of the month.
So, while SoCal may be able to get it cheaper, this is probably a decent lower-end price for NorCal.
I didn't want to haggle much more as I wanted to get it done and be low on the CA Rebate waiting list.

Of course my insurance agent told mo how one of his customer's in Benica the next town over recently got a Leaf for $201/m, including taxes, etc. on a 2 year lease.

Ah well, this is really more of a toy/present for me anyways. In 3 years I expect to replace it with something with more range at a similar price for a Taurus or Merc.

Appreciate everyone's help!

Back