Georgia FFE owners

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trey

Hello FFE owners and enthusiasts!

I found this forum as I plan to head to a dealership today for an FFE. I am nervous about doing the wrong thing when it comes to the buying expereince and forfeitting my GA $5k tax incentive. Do any of you GA residents have any suggestions or feedback? It seems I found the forum with a high level of knowledge and comraderie. What forms do I need to have completed and what should I be on the lookout for to ensure the smoothest processing of the tax incentive? Thanks in advance!

I hope to be introducing myself in the proper area as a new FFE owner soon. :D

Trey

Trey,

here's the link to the form you need to complete to get the tax rebate:

http://www.georgiaair.org/airpermit/downloads/mobilearea/engines/Alternative%20Fuels/LEVZEVTAX.pdf

Here's the link to the main page:

http://www.georgiaair.org/airpermit/html/mobilearea/engines/Alternativefuels.htm

Once you complete the form, mail it to:

Georgia Environmental Protection Division
Air Protection Branch
Mobile and Area Sources
4244 International Parkway
Suite 134
Atlanta, GA 30354

I leased a FFE from an out of state dealer (FL) and had it trucked up to me in Atlanta. Even with the out of state lease, I sent in the form above and had it returned within 7 days. When you file your GA return you include the approved form and that's it. Easy peasy.

I have about 1,000 miles on the FFE. My car is oxford white, with the beige leather interior. I live and work in the Vinings area.

Not sure if you're planning to install a charger. If so, I purchased this model and am very happy with it:

http://www.clippercreek.com/store/product/hcs-40p-32a-240v-charging-25-cord-nema-14-50-plug/

Congrats on the new vehicle.

Pete

Pete,

That is a great response. Thank you very much for the assist! This is a bit different than cars we have purchased in the past (as I imagine it was for everyone else too) so I am a bit worried the taxes will work out. I am encouraged by your 7 day turnaround on the form.

I purchased a 2015 with a graphite color they call Magnetic and the Light Stone leather. I am looking forward to it's delivery in a few weeks. I have the VIN and it is supposed to be built this week as it was ordered by the dealership in October. I hope it stays on track but I will not stress about it as we have some other vehicles. I commute from Woodstock to Buckhead and it is 50 miles round trip so I should be fine. I am also allowed to charge at work on 120 until they get their 6 240V installed in 2015.

I hope you still enjoy yours and it meets your needs. Thanks for the 24o recommendation as well as I will certainly be installing one.

Trey

Wait, I'm confused. You say your dealer ordered your 2015 FFE is october? The order bank for the 2015's opened on November 21st. And you say you have a VIN number? It's supposed to be built this week? Can someone explain to me how this possibly could be true?

I am not sure how either but I am not stirring the pot. I have the window sticker which includes VIN and looked it up on build status again yesterday. It was ordered 10/21/14 according to the Ford website. Of course, I will update this thread when it actually does arrive because you never know until delivery.

Of course, I did not look real closely. It could have been 11/21 since the day matched your post above. When I talk to the dealer for an update, I will ask them to share the order date.

I received an email from the dealership that says my 2015 has a status of "At Plant" and has for two weeks. Does anyone have feedback on the time to delivery for anyone else that has ordered and waited?

Well the plant is directly across the street from my dealer and thus it took about 24 hours to get it there (they still had to load it on a truck, drive it across the street, and unload it!).

Keep an eye on that "at plant" status--if it stays that way for 3 or more weeks there may be something wrong.

Thanks jmueller! Since it is a 2015, I wonder if the QC process will take a bit longer. The order was placed right after they opened the window, so it will likely be one of the first 2015's and that makes me nervous. Luckily, it is not a completely new car, just a few minor updates as far as I can tell. Either way, I will watch it closely. Thanks for the great update!

My 2014 was at the plant for over 2 months. Ford wouldn't say what the hold up was but circumstantial evidence indicates the battery pack behind the rear seat may have been repaired/replaced.

Back