Gasoline smell in FFE; ex-lease EVs

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cta4762

I was both annoyed and amused by the gasoline smell in my FFE on the way back from filling cans for my lawn tractor. I like pulling up to the pump in the FFE.

Last winter I parked the FFE for 2 1/2 months because of the impact of the cold on range. I'm not willing to drive without the heater. In early February I decided to try driving it in the cold again and it worked out well enough. I planned my travels to live with the range of about 50-55 miles. Then I had to park it again for a month because of snow and ice on my road.

This winter I plan to keep driving it except when I need my 4WD Saturn to get in and out on my road.

I plan to get another electric car after my lease is up, but it needs to have more range.

But maybe I'd buy this one if the dealer offers a low enough price. I wonder what the market is going to be like for EV's that have come off lease. Will they expand the EV base by attracting new buyers with lower used car prices? Or maybe most people who want an EV can afford a new one. Maybe dealers will have to sell cars coming off lease at real low prices to get rid of them, maybe depressing new EV sales because people will fear the lack of resale value.

What is worse is when you pick it up from the dealer after they have had to do some work on it (like say the SSN recall last year) and the inside smells like grease/oil from the mechanic....

The residual on mine is $16.2K, so that's what I could buy it for at lease end. It will be interesting to see whether that seems attractive at that point in time.

Back