Gas reimbursement on loaners?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmaluo

Honolulu Ford is saying that Ford corporate is denying my gas reimbursement for the loaner that I used for over a week.

For those that have received reimbursement, was it from your local Ford or Corporate? Any hoops you had to jump through? Thanks!

More power to you if you can get the money back, but personally I think expecting gas reimbursement is a bit silly. I mean, people's whose 40 MPG ICE is in for service and are given a 30 MPG loaner don't cry that they aren't reimbursed for the 10 MPG difference. Just getting a loaner for free is already a pretty nice perk.

Now, if the loaner happened to be another FFE, that would obviously be cool. But, if you accepted a loaner ICE, then you pay for the gas to drive it, no? Alternately, if a loaner ICE was the only option available, maybe it would have been possible to get them to pay for an EV rental instead, perhaps a Leaf or something. I think some of the car rental companies are renting Leafs (Leaves?) these days.

I asked because there a several people here who have received fuel reimbursement from Ford. I don't see how this is an unreasonable request when my Electric Vehicle is defective and in for service. I spent tens of thousands of dollars on a Photo Voltaic system to get rid of fuel expenses. If Ford provided me with another Electric Vehicle, then that would have been acceptable to me.

kmaluo said:
I asked because there a several people here who have received fuel reimbursement from Ford. I don't see how this is an unreasonable request when my Electric Vehicle is defective and in for service. I spent tens of thousands of dollars on a Photo Voltaic system to get rid of fuel expenses. If Ford provided me with another Electric Vehicle, then that would have been acceptable to me.

In Fords warranty they have to provide equivalent vehicle if its not EV they have to reimburse you for gas.

Thats the bottom line.

TonySpice said:
In Fords warranty they have to provide equivalent vehicle if its not EV they have to reimburse you for gas.
Under what circumstances is Ford required to provide an equivalent vehicle? When the repairs take longer than x days? What is x?

My FFE was in the for the recall updates for two days and I was not provided a loaner vehicle (though the dealer did drive me 17 miles home).

This is one of the few gripes I have with ford. They actually say that they are not required to give loaners at all for warranty work. Unless you pay for an extended warranty. I've been lucky to get a loaner from my dealer but they have it in big print in the service dept that ford does not pay for loaner cars. That was one nice thing with GM when I had my Volt. Not only did they always put me in a car they also always paid for all the gas I used in said ice loaner.

I had to push and push to get them to give me a loaner that I didn't have to pay for. I was kind of a d*** and just took it back without filling it up. They had my car about a week but I seriously only used about 1/8th of a tank as I HATED driving a Cruze.

Back