Ford is building the 2017's now, and 115 miles of range

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Read in this article here: http://insideevs.com/2017-ford-focus-electric-115-miles-of-range-for-29120/

I guess the bigger news is 115 miles of range :) (We knew 100+ but now its official.)

Even though it isn't everyone's wished for 200+ miles, it is still a significant increase (39 miles). With this range I could commute to work and back for two days without having to recharge (in the summer). Too bad it wasn't available when my 2013's lease was up; I would probably have opted to pick up a 2017 instead of the C-Max (the extra kWh means I could use all the heat I wanted to on those <0F days in Jan/Feb and still have enough range to make the round trip without "range anxiety" LOL).

I am surprised that the price hasn't gone up. Possibly due to a lowering of battery cost? I was expecting a 1-2 K bump up.

Pearl said:
That will make the 2016s in stock nearly impossible to sell, without seriously deep discounting.
Not like there is much of that with the FFE being a build to order item at most dealers (other than CARB states).

2k off for cash buy...

I have been trying to order the '17 for a few weeks now and no news from the dealer...last year I ordered the '16 at this time and got it in January 9 weeks later.

Man if I could get even 14k from my '16 as a trade in and get the Fed credit again it would be a no brainer... but again not sure Ford really takes used FFEs as trade ins.

The dealership near me offered $5000 for my 13 FFE with 25,000 miles on it while talking about purchasing a '17. The dealerships have a program on the computer which shows 17 FFEs being built at the factory. They can give you a price and VIN number.

My dealer has tried already and not been able to place order....was same problem last year as some regions probably have higher priority

I would have 18,000 miles on my 2016 FFE at trade in. Lately I have been aggravated by the lower range with the "cold weather" and desire to run the heat.

I wonder if '17 FFE ever implemented a heat pump to generate heat?

fbitz777 said:
Lately I have been aggravated by the lower range with the "cold weather" and desire to run the heat.

I wonder if '17 FFE ever implemented a heat pump to generate heat?
This is why I got the C-Max over getting another FFE: us humans still can't make something hot better than burning things.

I doubt Ford will change the design: A bigger battery makes the heat issue less severe.

Back