ford focus electrique 2015 in québec

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denisbrass

I order one in ruby red in 11 mars 2015 the salesman tell me I gone a receive it in June 2015.
I don't know everything on this car.
it look like not too many people by those thing.
if you have some information on it its was be fine to inform me on it.
thanks. :p

PS: je parle français donc si vous voulez me laisser des commentaires en français ce serait super.

N'ennui pas, l'auto est bon. Si votre mileage mois de cent quarante par trip, pas de problem. I am a new owner as well and it is the future, good decision and bon chance...

denisbrass said:
PS: je parle français donc si vous voulez me laisser des commentaires en français ce serait super.
English: "PS: I speak French so if you want to leave me comments in French it would be great."

Everyone is welcome here, but since the forum members are primarily English-speaking, and because postings should benefit all, I would encourage postings in English.

That said, I suppose "bilingual" postings would be okay (e.g., posting both the English and another language).

Also, keep Google Translate in mind. It is very easy to use (automatically translate pages as you navigate the site) especially when using Chrome.

I have a 2012 FFE and an in Saint John New Brunswick. Took delivery the end of April 2014, the car was on a dealer lot in Ontario for 2 years and I got it for less than CAD$ 25,000 with 2,800 km on it.

As of the evening the car has 35,000 km (almost 22,000 miles). My commute is about 75% highway 25% secondary road, 60 km (35 miles) each way and I can change at work (about 40 miles north east of Calais, Maine). I ran the car for all but 7 or 8 days this winter in temperatures as low as -28 C (-18 F). Snow tires are a must, we had a crazy winter with snow banks almost 2 meters (6 feet) high. The FFE can be preheated to +29 C when plugged in which is a real bonus. Winter driving at cold temperatures does have it`s challenges.

In February I was averaging 218 wh/km (350 wh/mile) verses in July 156 wh/km (250 wh/mile); i.e. winter consumption is 40% higher than summer. Also Battery capacity is reduced in colder weather but this is less a factor with FFE than LEAF because Ford manages battery temperature.

It is a lot to take in. My advise is to take it slow and give yourself a couple of weeks to figure out the car and how it fits into you needs. I have only come up short once and ended plugged in next to an ice box outside a convenience store store for 2 hours before limping home.

Mark
2012 FFE
2008 Suzuki Swift+

Back