Ford Focus Electric Recycled Car Seats

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricEV

I saw this inspiring video that showed how the Ford Focus electric car seats are made from recycled water bottles. This may be a great reason to choose the cloth seats over the leather in the ford focus ev. One question I do have is at the end of the video it states that only 22 bottles are saved / recycled per car. Is that really all the bottles that can be saved per Ford Focus Electric? It seems you could recycle so many more then 22 plastic bottles to make enough upholstery to cover 5 seats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfD8NxhNh6A

I would like to agree with you on the number of bottles that could be recycled in the production of the ford focus electric. I am not engineer however and cannot say exactly how they process the bottles to use for the focus ev.

I will take what I can get although. I'm proud of Ford manufacturing such a great car like the ford focus electric and going that extra mile. It says a lot about them and our countries mindset. Maybe it can be an additional marketing strategy? Buy a focus electric and help clean up the environment of those extra bottles on top of eliminating so much gas usage.

Back