Ford dealer won't (can't?) order FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikesoup

I emailed the dealer that I bought my 2014 Fiesta ST from about leasing a FFE and here's his response (I live in Grand Rapids, MI which is about 200 miles from Detroit and 200 miles from Chicago)

Hi <name redacted> as of yet We haven't gotten any Focus electric's & as far as I know there only available thru select Dealers around Detroit & Chicago. I'd be happy to run figures on a gas Focus or a Fusion just let me know if either of those would work. Thanks much

---

Is he just trying to sell me a car off the lot? After emailing him I found someone who ordered one locally, and he said the place he ordered from had never sold one, and it's the only one they've ever ordered.

I'm pretty sure any Ford dealer can put in an order for an FFE. Ford does have an "EV Certification" program for the dealers (it is possible that only they could order the FFE).

You can tell on Ford's website which dealers are EV certified (like when you search dealer inventory you can check a box to limit your search to only these EV dealers).

I think he is just trying to push you into an ICE vehicle because they don't want to deal with any EV questions you might have (and they don't have the answers for--granted you probably already know more than they do about the FFE simply because you're here and reading! LOL).

Ford will not let a dealer order or sell a new Focus EV unless they are a certified EV dealer.

When I was looking for the Ford Focus EV, I had a heck of a time finding one of those certified dealers. I finally called Ford customer service and asked them where the dealers were. They were able to point me to the nearest dealer that had one in stock.

The dealer was about 55 miles away. I drove the LEAF to the dealer and plugged into their charger while we tried to work a deal. I did get to drive the FFE at the dealer and was sold on the vehicle. We just could not get together on the price.

In the end that dealer wanted about $7000 too much and I ended up buying from the Ford dealer in New York City and having the car shipped down to North Carolina. Shipping was about $500.

So if you can't find one locally, don't be afraid to purchase the car from an out of town dealer and have the car shipped to you. The car is new and it has a full warranty. So there isn't much risk on the buyers end. Also the FFE is made in Wayne, Michigan and there must be some dealers in the Detroit area that can sell you one of these cars.

Joe

JOEFRIDAY said:
Also the FFE is made in Wayne, Michigan and there must be some dealers in the Detroit area that can sell you one of these cars.
Just about ALL of the dealers in Southeastern Michigan can sell the cars--including the one right across the street from the plant (where I got mine from).

EV certification is a must. The certification process involves making the dealership as a whole eco friendly. The lot I work at in Fort Atkinson, WI went so far as to change all the light bulbs inside and out to more efficient ones, they changed out the high powered air filters in service to more energy efficient ones, and we even have a "Ford Think" for our lot cart. The Ford Think is the 1st all electric road legal Ford Vehicle, so it's the second kind of cool when looking at golf carts haha.

Those of us on the sales floor also need to know our stuff, we have had several Ford reps come in to test us on the product knowledge, and we always pass. If your in the Midwest, or if your local dealer won't "deal", give us a call! Our goal is to get a spot on the map by continuing to outsell our neighbor dealers in this market!

Zjlange
Havill-Spoerl Ford Lincoln
Fort Atkinson, WI

Back