Ford and PlugShare Team Up

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

13FusionEnergi_plug_570.jpg

Ford and PlugShare Team Up to Help Ford C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi Drivers Find charging stations with MyFord Mobile.

Here is the link to the article on fords website.
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37673

I noticed that this is only for the Ford plug in hybrids, and no mention is made of the Ford Focus Electric. I think FFE owners are screaming out for this to work on their cars too.

Did you notice that recently they split the app in two: there is now a My Ford Mobil app for the FFE and a separate one for the C-Max & Fusion Energi? (I believe that happened a couple of weeks ago.)

I wonder if the two apps get different charge station info--that would be terribly inefficient on Ford's part to not share info.

Thanks for posting this, Jeff. I'm concerned by the article's specific mentions of both Energi cars, that Ford is not currently intending to update the FFE version of My Ford Mobile. It would be ridiculous since a pure EV depends so much more on accurate charging station locations than a car with a Plan B. Of course we all already use Plugshare and/or Recargo, but it would be nice to have it all in one app.
On bev.myfordmobile.com, when you are logged in there's a Feedback link at the bottom of the screen. I encourage all FFE drivers to give feedback if you think we should have Plugshare integration on our MFM too!

dmen said:
I encourage all FFE drivers to give feedback if you think we should have Plugshare integration on our MFM too!
I just sent my feedback... basically asking whether the PlugShare integration will be coming for FFE drivers as well. I also indicated my concern about the app "split" and what it might really mean.

Every FFE driver... please send your feedback about this to Ford!

This sort of thing is exactly why I haven't purchased a FFE yet. With such small production numbers, Ford needs to do something to convince me they don't plan to treat the FFE as the ugly step child. How many people at Ford are dedicated to work on the FFE?

jmueller, do you mean the list of EV charging stations as points of interest in the navigation system? Here in Chicago at least, that list has not seemed to get any updates. It is very inaccurate, both listing sites that don't exist and lacking many many sites that do.
Is there another list through Sirius/Sync Services/ something else?

Yes I mean the list of EV stations as points of interest in the Nav system. These are automatically updated via downloads over Sirius (even if you are not subscribed to Sirius it will still receive them).

Note that it is possible that this functionality has only recently been enabled (perhaps it is only in the 3.5.x software update).

Back