First Electric Bill

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markminnc

I have been driving my FFE for almost two months and have just received my first electric bill covering all of the car charging for a month. I guess I am happy with the end result. I looked at myfordmobile and did the arithmetic to find out what my average wH/m was and then used that to estimate the kW used for the days covering my electric bill. Then I figured the cost using the price per kW. My total estimated cost for 1150 miles would be $32.51. With all of the other variables, avg temps, cost per kw, days in billing cycle, and changes in home habits the extra was buried and I did not see the entire bill go up. I spent some time looking at historical analysis numbers and my current bill actually went down as compared to a year ago same month and eleven months ago when we had the same average temperature in my location.

I finally remembered that I had installed two programmable thermostats earlier this year and adjusted them for max economy. It appears that the new thermostats save about as much as the new car consumes.

Mark

My first bill went up by about $50 (my billing cycle, fortunately, ended the day after I got the car so the next cycle had the FFE on it completely, and a broken A/C at the house so my increase in electricity was only due to the FFE!).

Today I get my 2nd meter installed; then have to wait for the current billing cycle to end before they switch the FFE over to TOD rates. I'm expecting the new rates to drop my FFE costs down by 1/2 or more.

Back