Finally a SSN RECALL!!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philly_ev

Here it is! Finally!!

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2012-14-ford-focus-electric-recalled-for-potential-loss-of-power.html

We know for a fact that the car stalls within seconds of getting the SSN with no time to pull safely off the road. Not sure if her comments are meant for before the fix or after the fix though...

"The issue is caused by software anomalies associated with the Powertrain Control Module," wrote Kelli Felker, a Ford spokeswoman, in response to a query by Edmunds on Friday. "If this condition occurs, the vehicle's braking and steering systems will continue to operate normally so the driver can pull safely off the road."

My FFE is currently at the dealer to address this recall.

Interesting: that article mentions that there has been at least one crash due to the SSN issue. I don't think anyone on here has mentioned a crash (just some harrowing near misses).

ny times slandered Tesla s, I don't trust a thing they say.

So... software update? With an actual fix or a "yeah we tweaked some crap". Software Duct Tape.

I've noticed what sounds like the motor mount getting looser and looser. I'm sure there is a clunk monitor somewhere. It appears to me that they knew about this in Aug and had supposedly already patched the newest cars? Or shut down production. For a software 'glitch' to effect 3 MY's and at least 2 software updates sounds like more than just someone forgetting to tighten a bolt.

My guess is they are upping whatever threshold is triggering this. Hopefully not pushing something past it max.

Oddly enough my wife just OK'd our next car as a Model S. Then not even 15 minutes later she reads about the doors opening themselves. Ha! can't win.

I'm hoping this is a quick patch that if it really is software should not require end users to go to the dealer to apply the patch. i.e. MTF update. I don't want to leave the car and get a rental out of my pocket, I also don't want to have it die on the freeway as I've been spending more time in the HOV lanes at 75+ in PHX

How about this scenario: You get a SSN and your car gets hit pretty bad due to it. Now you're on your way to the hospital in a Ford derived ambulance which proceeds to stall out...

Think this isn't realistic? Ford just recalled their ambulances because they can stall out:
http://www.freep.com/article/20131101/BUSINESS01/311010064/1204/Ford-recalls-ambulances-because-engines-can-stop

Back