FFE Available in Wisconsin

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 6 sold customer ordered FFE's coming in this month. I also was able to snare one for stock so it is available. It is black with the cloth interior. I may have a lead on a white one as well. It also has cloth. I actually ordered it for a city bid because the Nissan dealer had one in stock so they said they could get one quicker. I went ahead and ordered one but they haven't had the final meeting to decide whether they are buying one at all. I'll post on here if the white one becomes available.

The black one is sold!!! Took a deposit today from Omaha. The White one still is a possibility so if anyone wants to write a second order in case the City deal falls through, give me a call or PM me.

John

John, very cool to see you reaching out to help connect these cars with demand when other dealers absolutely ignore buyers with "money in hand" and ready to buy.

Question for you, my Leaf lease expires in mid-November, when do you think I should contact you so that I will be able to take delivery of a FFE around that same time.

Fyi for anyone considering buying an electric car but having doubts: driving an electric car for the past two years has been the easiest, most hassle-free and enjoyable experience my wife have ever had with a car. There have been three times, in two years, my wife had to switch cars with me because of anticipated range problems. We regularly argue about who gets to drive the electric car (she always wins). We even find ourselves opting to drive the electric car vs. our classic Beetle convertible.

People ask all the time, "so how long does it take to charge it?" We explain to them that it takes about 5 seconds. You open the charge port and you plug it in, and walk away. It takes 5 seconds.

Just my two cents worth.

-Joe

Joewillie said:
People ask all the time, "so how long does it take to charge it?" We explain to them that it takes about 5 seconds. You open the charge port and you plug it in, and walk away. It takes 5 seconds.

Just my two cents worth.
Welcome to the forum Joe, and I love your answer! I'm going to use it too from now on. ;)

We just got the news that the Wisconsin Ford dealers (which includes the UP of MI) have only sold 9 Ford Focus Electrics this year. BUT, thanks to our tenacity and belief in the product and our customers and help from folks on the forum, WE sold 8 of those nine!!!! All from a little Ford dealer in a town of 12000 in the middle of a big cornfield.

I'll be stocking up on the '15s so we can keep it going.

Thanks

John Chady
Havill Spoerl Ford Lincoln
Fort Atkinson WI

Besides just saying "first quarter", do you know when the 2015's will be hitting the dealer lots? It might be worth the 134 mile drive for me to visit your dealership.

The ONLY one that was allocated to the Chicago region is being built in January. It should arrive at the dealer in mid-February. I would have recieved the allocation except that this is going to a newly EV-certified dealership and they have never had one. Although if they don't garner the interest in it, they will most likely be sending it to me. :)

Our first ones are being built in February and won't arrive until mid-late march. My rep did mention that having a bonafide retail order MAY get it scheduled a hair sooner.

Steve0512 said:
Okay, I'll bite. What is the usual procedure to get my 76 mile range vehicle that I just got a great deal on, The 134 miles home?
You could drive it home at 15 mph. You might get 134 miles out of it that way. Adventure rating: ****

Or...
  • Driving normal but conservative speeds with a charge-up or two along the way (assuming there happen to be stations where needed). Adventure rating: **
  • Flatbed tow truck. Adventure rating: none

:)

Ooh, ooh, you mean I get to drive 2 1/2 hours to spend my money with you. and I get a complimentary 4 hour stop in lovely Rockford Illinois! Where do I sign up?

We have a car dolly and can assist in transportation (there is of course a cost but we keep it to the cost, fuel plus driver pay). Or we figure out where the charging stations are on your route and you plan a fun trip and start your new adventure that way. :) We have sold the FFE to people all over the midwest and have had some show up with their own trailer, or do the two above options when they were out of range of the car.

Although we are here to make money selling these cars ( I do like to get a paycheck), we are a very customer service oriented dealership. We can accommodate as much of the purchasing process via phone or email as you would like. If you want to test drive a car, our service manager and I both have one so we always one available to drive.

John

WattsUp said:
Steve0512 said:
Okay, I'll bite. What is the usual procedure to get my 76 mile range vehicle that I just got a great deal on, The 134 miles home?
You could drive it home at 15 mph. You might get 134 miles out of it that way. Adventure rating: ****

Or...
  • Driving normal but conservative speeds with a charge-up or two along the way (assuming there happen to be stations where needed). Adventure rating: **
  • Flatbed tow truck. Adventure rating: none

:)

That's funny right there. I was thinking of recommending the other options but wasnt' sure they'd come across as funny from me.

Steve0512 said:
Ooh, ooh, you mean I get to drive 2 1/2 hours to spend my money with you. and I get a complimentary 4 hour stop in lovely Rockford Illinois! Where do I sign up?
Use your imagination and plan a fun outing. You don't have to stand next to an EV that is charging for four hours. I've driven mine from Albany to Montreal and never had to 'wait' for it to charge. I was spending my time in town having a meal, and sightseeing/touring the area on my bicycle.

Back