Electric Vehicle Club

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

Electric Vehicle Club
First determine if an EV club already exists in the area. Next find out if the club is vehicle specific. You may not be very welcome at the Nissan Leaf club.
If a club doesn’t exist in your area you can create your own EV club.

The club needs to fulfill a purpose to exist.
Share information about developments in the electric vehicle world. Also share the experience of driving and EV.
The club could also encourage local business to install charging stations.
Planed events can be EV cruses, and other plug in events.
The club could also have its own news letter that keeps members in tune with happenings in the club.
Very large clubs could even establish their own network of charging stations. Allowing club members could also get discounts on charging sessions.

Recruiting members:
Electric vehicle chat boards such as this one could be used as source of future members. Plug share web site could be another source of potential members.

Try to be flexible with members. Always ask for input from all the members in the club. You want members to feel that they are welcome, and important to the club. EV ownership is not required to be a member. Two things not to discus at club meetings are religion, and politics. This would only provide a distraction away from the real reason the club exists.

Jeff, I like the idea of this and may try to start with just a "get-together" and see how many people we can get interested. The big issue is our range, getting people to the spot and having enough power to get home. I am talking with one of my customers that bought a FFE who happens to own a bowling alley and mini-golf here in Fort Atkinson to see if he would be interested in hosting. He has one 220 station, we have 2 220 stations at our dealership less than 500 feet away and I have one at my house a mile away. So those that need a charge to get home should be fine. There are restaurants and a bike trail all within a block as well, so there would be lots of different things to do.

I was already talking with our Marketing person about doing something of this sorts as a promotion for the dealership to try and get people from the community out and see what the FFE and Energi's can do for them. I don't know if I'd tie in the promo with the get-together. In one way it'd be nice because then the public could see how many people are buying them and how they are actually using them, but on the flip side I don't want forum members coming thinking they are just there to help me sell cars.

Any other forum members have thoughts or ideas?

John

I wish there was a local EV club! I used to be very involved in the SVTOA in the Detroit area, but found that the car scene isn't as exciting in Ohio since moving here 10 years ago. Maybe it's time to help get the word out again.

Back