Door Handle Lock/Unlock

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markminnc

Have noted that my driver door handle stops working to lock and unlock the car by touch when it is raining. I have been using the passenger door handle. Has anyone else noted this?

I have had hit or miss unlocking/locking. When it doesn't work while in my pocket, if I put it into the hand holding the door handle it usually recognizes it.

I occasionally encounter cases where the keyless entry does not unlock the car when I grab the handle (I'm almost always using the driver's side). Sometimes there will be a soft click from all the doors, but they do not unlock. Sometimes there is no reaction from the car at all.

I usually just let go of the handle, wait a second and then grab it again more "deliberately". It usually works the second time. I'm not sure what the "magic" is. It might have something to do with having your hand closer to, or in contact with, that black "pad" on the handle.

I have experienced the same thing a few times. It usually happens when I grab and pull too quickly. Being a little more deliberate seems to make things work better, just like starting the car. It takes a couple of seconds longer, but the success rate is much higher.

One thing that doesn’t work as well is locking without the remote. I seem to be successful only about half the time and am never quite sure the doors actually locked. I have taken to using the remote to lock the doors just to be on the safe side.

Oilman

Mine has been working great except sometimes the rear door doesnt unlock by touch.
I never knew it has that feature on the rear doors also.
The rear doors will unlock by touch about 80% of the time.

Back