Does The Ford Focus Electric Have a 12V Outlet?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricEV

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Ford Focus Electric car comes with a 12V plug in. I like to sometimes utilize road trip products that need one and a 12V I think would be a welcome addition. Its products like this I am mostly talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Roadpro-12-Volt-Fleece-Heated-Blanket/dp/B0009Y2CFS/ref=sr_1_31?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1335753614&sr=1-31

Not sure if products like this are ruled out because the Ford Focus ev is an electric vehicle. Is it even possible for electric vehicles to have 12V outlet capabilities?

I'm somewhat the amateur on other electric cars. Is 12 volts low or high for a car like the ford focus electric? I've been driving gas guzzlers for to long! The ford focus electric forum is kicking me in the butt to get out there and buy the best thing to happen to the US auto industry in years; the ford focus electric!

They call it a Power Point on page 141 of the owners manual. 12 volt 180 watts. Don't show where it is though.
It has a pretty fancy navigation system standard. Pg 113

My 2013 FFE has one 12VDC power point front and one rear. It's unclear whether the 180W max power rating is for both together or either separately, so I'm conservatively assuming it's for both together unless told otherwise.

I checked further. The 180-W rating is for both 12VDC lighter-socket Power Points combined, not for each separately, because they both share the same 20A fuse (#61 in the panel under the glovebox), and 20 A x 12 V = 240 VA. That's enough for a 180-W draw plus losses in the wiring, but not enough for 360 VA plus losses. I'll suggest this be clarified in the manual on p 142.

Back