Did I see a unicorn?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomEV

This morning driving on the 105 freeway in Los Angeles I came up on a white Ford Focus sedan. At first I thought it was an ICE FF but it had the electric emblem and the grill. Is the FFE made in a sedan version? Previous years? Or was I imagining it?

Nope, never a sedan: batteries wouldn't fit.

That's not saying someone went to their dealer and purchased electric badging and put it on their car.

TomEV said:
This morning driving on the 105 freeway in Los Angeles I came up on a white Ford Focus sedan. At first I thought it was an ICE FF but it had the electric emblem and the grill. Is the FFE made in a sedan version? Previous years? Or was I imagining it?
No photos?

The 2015 and newer sedans had a new front that looks like our FFE. I wonder if they did that to use the hov lane? I thought you had to have a sticker on the bumper so badging doesn't matter.

WattsUp said:
TomEV said:
No photos?
Did you see one of these?

Did you possibly mistake a "TITANIUM" label, or something like that, for the electric badge?

AFAIK, there is no Ford electric other than the FFE hatchback.

It's possible I missread the label. It wasn't in the HOV lane and I didn't get a super close look at the label but it wasn't a typical focus label. I was also driving and didn't have time to take a pic.

What is the titanium?

From the rear, at the distance, the "TITANIUM" trim label could be mistaken for the "ELECTRIC" badge

That must have been it. It would be nice though to have a sedan option. Nice looking car. Since Tesla can do it, I would think Ford could too.

That's because Tesla has a "skateboard" frame where the batteries go.
As for the FFE, Ford just tosses in a 600lb battery pack where the fuel tank goes on the ICE version.

Back