Dealer refuses to repair car, Ford Motor says it's OK

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guruuno

Attached is photo of dashboard displaying SSN (Stop Safely Now) for my 2013 Ford Focus which occurred today, 1/19/2016.

I contacted Roadside Assistance, got the car towed to All American Ford (place of purchase), and I was told they are refusing to work on vehicle.

I contacted Ford Motor in Michigan, and was told “each dealer, as an independent business, can at their discretion choose who they wish to do business with”, and to have the car towed to another dealership. I advised them that THEY should have it towed to any dealer THEY can offer the service that is required, for which they have refused.

I have no dealership that will work with me regarding the ongoing issues, as previously stated, last time I went through this with Fullerton Ford in August 2015 (as an example), they said they found no issues and that I should pick up the car, and used their words, “customer has declined all further diagnostics and is picking up vehicle”.

I also stopped one last year at Malouf Ford in North Brunswick, NJ, and interfaced with the service manage, explained all to him, and he said that he would not be able to accommodate me.

I have therefore left the car locked with the key in the console at All American ford in their parking lot, awaiting further direction regarding this matter.

Thi is the 4th occurrence of this type of problem, I initiated a "lemon law" lawsuit few months ago, and have had previous issues with all dealers not only because I am a insistant owner, but because the car is UNSAFE to drive and creates a risk for life.

I would think that Ford should take this car, bring it to a disassembly location, and figure out what is going on before continuing to sell them.

6 months to the end of the lease, so I'm absolute that it is not about the money, but setting precident.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9f9ozrc35ih4p53/IMG_2265.jpg?dl=0

So you haven't been able to get any of the SSN fixes that Ford has released applied to your vehicle?

There was a software patch, and then also a wiring harness adjustment/replacement (depending on manufacture date). Yours, I believe, would quality for the harness replacement.

So 3 different Ford dealers are refusing to do business with you??????

I can be a bit brusk, and in my 30 years of car ownership, I've had one dealer pretty much wish I'd leave. But to have 3.........

not every Ford dealer is certified to work on FFE so I am surprised you;d find 3 in your area.

In my case I only had ONE place and the car never got fixed so after 7 months I am due to receive a brand new 2016 FFE.
The whole experience was not so bad as I had a loaner Fusion the whole time and put over 8000 miles on it.

Back