Dealer Experience in Houston

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilman

I am in the market to lease a Focus Electric. I would be interested in hearing about the experience anyone has had with dealers in Houston, both the leasing experience and any repair/maintenance/update.

Thanks,

Oilman

I have decided to lease from Helfman Ford. I think this will be the third Focus they have leased or sold. I hope to seal the deal this weekend. I will provide the the details once things are concluded.

Oilman

I would be interested in hearing about the experience anyone has had with dealers in Houston, both the leasing experience and any repair/maintenance/update. :mrgreen:

I leased my Focus from Helfman Ford on Hwy 59 in Stafford. I worked with Marcus Warren, the Internet Sales Manager. The process was pretty straight forward and Marcus was easy to work with. I started looking in May or so and, after making sure I wasn't moving with my job, decided to lease in late July. Marcus kept me up to date on the changing lease deals during that time via email. I ended up with a 2013, with white tri-coat paint and leather, for $311/mo with nothing down, 36 months, 12,000 mi/yr. The cost included all taxes, title, and license. Total cost over 3 years is $11,200. With this low cost, there isn't any haggle room. I really didn't care much for the fancy paint, and it cost an additional $12/mo, but the other car that was available was black, and I don't want a black car in Houston. Helfman is EV certified, but hopefully I won't need to test their capability.

So far I have had the car for a couple of weeks and I smile each time I drive it. I have done one long trip of 50 miles each way and experienced a working range of about 75 miles at 65 mph and the AC running on low. I decided to lease the EVSE from eVgo. They install at your home and maintain for about $40/mo. It can probably be done cheaper, but this was easy and risk free.

Give Marcus a call and set up a test drive.

Cheers, Oilman

Back