Daylight Savings time setting?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brogult

My car did not update this morning and using "Set to GPS Time" results in it showing the correct time zone (Pacific), but the non-DST time (an hour behind). I cannot find any setting to enable DST and could only set the time manually. What am I missing? This seems silly.

It's not just that it doesn't automatically adjust (which would seem to be a minimal expectation) even though the "Auto Time Zone Update" setting is ON, it's that when you use the semi-manual "Set to GPS Time", it still doesn't get it right. If I drive to a different time zone (not likely in an FFE) will it set itself incorrectly again? This is worse than useless. I had to reset 3 devices this DST change--my 30 year old oven, my analog Timex and......the FFE.

Oh well. I viewed SYNC as a total write-off to begin with--anything that works at all is lovely and I have no expectations. But....the clock?

Reset to GPS time has always worked for us. However, I like the car clock to be slightly fast so I just hit the +1 for the hour and left the minutes alone.

I wasn't around to change the clock in the FFE. My wife happily reported she changed it easily. She always has me do anything with technology. Can't be that bad if somebody that doesn't like tech was able to make the change and be happy about it.

My 20+ year old oven was also a breeze to change. Not like those new-fangled always-blinking VCRs! :lol:

Yay Microsoft for the win! I too wondered why my car didn't auto change the clock and then still showed the wrong time when I manually adjusted to update time to GPS. At least I now know this is a feature not a bug :lol:

Even my standalone Garmin gps reports the correct time. If it is getting the time from GPS I find it strange it's not reporting the correct time.

damania said:
Even my standalone Garmin gps reports the correct time. If it is getting the time from GPS I find it strange it's not reporting the correct time.
GPS provides an accurate clock, but I don't think GPS cares about Daylight Savings Time.

But, still, the car could set the correct DST offset based on an internal calendar.

But it also knows your location, obviously, and if programmed with local time zone and DST rules, should display the correct local time. My $89 Magellan and $0 smartphone do just that.

Back