Custom Charge Times?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talisker0898

I charge for free at work. At home I just want to charge for a few hours to give me some extra breathing room on my drive in. Is there a way to set the charge time for a set number of hours? I would love to be able to charge from midnight to 4 AM. I have tried tweaking value charge times, but that does not set an end time. Is this possible?

Thanks

I don't know if there is a way but you can cheat. Set the value start time to n hours before you leave for work. Adjust N for the number of hours you wish to charge.

In other words if you wish to leave at 0700 and charge for 2 hours then set the value start time to 0500.
-Duncan

Thanks, that was good advice, but I seem to be missing something. I am clearly doing something wrong or the myfordmobile site is bugged - or both.

I created a new value charge profile. I tell it that my power company isn't listed so I can make a custom time. I am unable to simply specify a time range, so I drag the bars so that the times between 4am and 8am are the cheapest and the other times I make very expensive. Sweet, hit save.

Then my car starts using this new profile...and begins charging immediately. This is very frustrating. The software is extremely annoying.

I then delete the new profile and set the default to only charge between 4am and 8am. Now it says my car is waiting to charge which will start at 8:30PM and end at 12:36pm...seriously? Is this software using english? It certainly looks like english, but my results indicate otherwise.

Anyone have a clue what is going on? This is on a 110v charge, btw.

Thanks.

Is it possible that since it feels it can't get the car fully charged in that period of time that it just ignores it. Since it know the time it will be finished it would be simple for it to figure it can't do it and deny it. Now I don't think the software should be dictating when to charge but you never know. Big brother want's YOU fully charged. :D

Back