Current Residual Values

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I came off as upset at you

No, I didn't take it that way. I've been on both sides of the table. That same dealer had a C-Max Energi sitting there with a supplemental price sticker for VIN etch, alarm and "Additional Market Value" (dealer markup over MSRP). That makes for a $38K C-Max. So they yank one way and I the other--I just won this time.

It reminds me of the saying "if you want economy you're going to have to pay for it". It seems like every industry or business with a green or economic upside (solar power, high-efficiency heating, electric cars) ends up attracting profiteers that figure they can capture some of the savings, rebate or tax incentive for themselves.

brogult said:
OK, I got a quote for a lease on a base model (MSRP $29,995) showing a residual value of $11,698. That is 45% of the "real" MSRP. (less the $4K) but only
39% of the face value MSRP. Fairly appropriate, I guess.

Can you share the lease details? With excellent credit, and an "X-Plan" certificate, the numbers just didn't line up with what I was expecting. Maybe I misjudged the extra fees (lic, tax, doc, etc)?

* $2500 cap reduction (I will deal with the CA $2500 rebate after, making my effective down $0.)
* 10.5k miles per year
* 36 months

On a leather equipped model, they wanted $285/mo. That was $60 higher than I was anticipating.

I'm in SoCal.

It is hard to figure out what is going on in a lease deal until you see the contract itself--and even then it can be tough.

Remember you have to pay up-front sales tax on all of the capital cost reduction items, including the rebates. That along with title, license, acquisition fee, etc, usually eats up all of your cash down.

Here is what I was quoted at one dealer. I didn't take this deal--I got a deal $270 below A-plan and ended up with a purchase because the lease numbers looked high and I had no time or patience to thrash it out. It turns out they were not high, they were at about $250 for a 36K/31500 lease with no cash down. I was completely OK with a purchase, there is always a price to be paid for the supposed flexibility that the lease offers. The cleaner, cheaper purchase along with 0% for 5 years just made it easier to deal with.

4a9hi25gp

Where in SoCal? And what color are you looking for?

I'm not sure why the image doesn't show in my browser, but you can right-click, download and view. It is a JPG.

brogult said:
I'm not sure why the image doesn't show in my browser, but you can right-click, download and view. It is a JPG.
I doesn't show up because the link is the wrong kind. It just points to a "folder"-like server path, which won't make an image show up in these forums, even if you use an tag.

In order to embed an image using postimage.org, either use the "Direct Link" (which ends in .jpg) inside your [img] tag or, more preferred, just directly paste in the "Thumbnail for Forums (1)" link. The latter results in a smaller thumbnail, which you can click to see the larger image.

brogult said:
It is hard to figure out what is going on in a lease deal until you see the contract itself--and even then it can be tough.

Remember you have to pay up-front sales tax on all of the capital cost reduction items, including the rebates. That along with title, license, acquisition fee, etc, usually eats up all of your cash down.

yeah, and I failed to grab copy of the offer before leaving the dealership.

brogult said:
Here is what I was quoted at one dealer. I didn't take this deal--I got a deal $270 below A-plan and ended up with a purchase because the lease numbers looked high and I had no time or patience to thrash it out. It turns out they were not high, they were at about $250 for a 36K/31500 lease with no cash down. I was completely OK with a purchase, there is always a price to be paid for the supposed flexibility that the lease offers. The cleaner, cheaper purchase along with 0% for 5 years just made it easier to deal with.

Where in SoCal? And what color are you looking for?

Black with leather.

I work for a company that has the "X-Plan" deal with Ford. Between that, and/or the current incentives, I just can't see how it gets so expensive. The web configurator at ford.com comes to $188/mo with "$2400 down payment" on 36 mos lease at 0.5% apr. Maybe $3600+ more in taxes and fees is normal for leases. Seems excessive, but then I normally buy so the whole lease thing is new.

Thanks for you input.

No X-Plan (or A-Plan) for the FFE.

They were both listed on the copies of the invoices that I was shown.... :eek:

jmueller065 said:
Nope, we couldn't get an A-plan number for ours (it is a "niche" vehicle much like the Mustang Cobra and thus no employee pricing is available).
Correction, recently(as in sometime in the past couple weeks) Ford has made the A/X/Z plan available for the FFE. I got my PIN for the A plan! WOOT! I'm not sure when this happened but I found out last weekend. I'm wondering if they did this when they dropped the MSRP.

jmueller065 said:
Nope, we couldn't get an A-plan number for ours (it is a "niche" vehicle much like the Mustang Cobra and thus no employee pricing is available).
Perhaps Ford has changed this policy if the document he saw included those numbers. Maybe Ford quietly changed that when they announced the new MSRP.

Edit: I didn't realize that there was another page of posts when I replied and now see that my post is redundant...

I just discovered this myself yesterday. An added bonus for some zip codes (in California?) is another $4000 off for a total of $8000 off the 'Plan' pricing.
These are the numbers I got:
MSRP1: $29,170
A/Z-Plan Price1: $26,641
Total Incentives2: $8,000
Net A/Z-Plan Price3: $18,641

Then the Federal and State (CA) combined credit of $10000.
Final price before tax, license, doc, destination, etc.

$8641

I'm trying to convince my wife 'we can do it!'. :D

energizer said:
I just discovered this myself yesterday. An added bonus for some zip codes (in California?) is another $4000 off for a total of $8000 off the 'Plan' pricing.
These are the numbers I got:
MSRP1: $29,170
A/Z-Plan Price1: $26,641
Total Incentives2: $8,000
Net A/Z-Plan Price3: $18,641

Then the Federal and State (CA) combined credit of $10000.
Final price before tax, license, doc, destination, etc.

$8641

Thats unbelieveable pricing if true.
What does one need to get that special pricing?

NightHawk said:
$8641
Note that, if you drive the FFE full time over, say, 5 years, instead of a gasser, you'll basically save around that amount (that is, around $8K) in gasoline and other "ICE" costs.

So, you're basically looking at a "free" car (compared to choosing a similar gasser).

Yes, you'll have to live with the limitations of an EV (don't get me wrong, EVs are great, but they do have limitations). But, if the FFE fits your lifestyle well, then the limitations aren't really limitations.

Although A/Z Plan is limited, if you know someone who works at Ford, work for a supplier to Ford, or own at least 100 shares of Ford stock, you can get X Plan pricing. On the base Focus Electric, this amounts to $27,840 ($28,665 inc. D/D).

timf said:
Although A/Z Plan is limited, if you know someone who works at Ford, work for a supplier to Ford, or own at least 100 shares of Ford stock, you can get X Plan pricing. On the base Focus Electric, this amounts to $27,840 ($28,665 inc. D/D).
So you can get the discount pricing if you own 100 shares of Ford common stock?
The current share price of Ford is under $15 right now, so it might be worth it to buy 100shares to get the discount.
You could sell the stock later on if you want and keep the discount?

timf said:

Is this true? And what does D/D stand for? Delivery and ?

Back